WildAid China Program Manager
AD Date: 18 Feb - 19 Mar,2012
Company: WildAid Inc.
WildAid is a wildlife and marine conservation organization. We are dedicated to reducing demand for wildlife products from consuming countries and regions such as China, the United States, Canada, South Asia and the European Union.
We also protect endangered species and reduce human-animal conflict through comprehensive field programs working with local communities of marine protected areas, national parks and reserves in Ecuador, Costa Rica, Indonesia and India.
This link will take you to a short piece that describes WildAid and what we do in more detail: http://www.wildaid.org/about?item=54
Location Country: China
Location City: Beijing
Salary: $80,000 to $100,000 USD
Education: University / College Degree
Essential skills & experience:
1. Perfect fluency in written and spoken English.
2. A superb communicator, able to deliver winning presentations, orally, in person and in writing.
3. A skilled and detailed project manager with a proven track record of delivering complex projects on-time and in-budget, according to very tight deadlines and with limited resources.
4. At least 5 years proven experience will be required, including a track-record in managing budgets.
5. A superb people manager able to coordinate, guide and inspire partners, volunteers and staff to achieve their best.
6. Proven record showing ability to fundraise and/or substantive business development.
7. Qualified to degree level or above.
8. Stamina, commitment and ambition.
9. Previous experience living and working in China with multinational teams.
10. Willingness to reside in Beijing, China full-time.
Preferred, but non-essential skills and experience:
1. Spoken Mandarin proficiency.
2. Experience of television production and/or advertising and new media at a professional level.
3. Marketing and public relations experience.
4. Experience in grant writing.
5. Experience of wildlife advocacy or previous work for wildlife conservation NGO.
6. Knowledge of wildlife conservation and/or a degree level qualification in a biological science, or economics.
WildAid China Program Manager
This is a key, senior position within WildAid, working as part of our international team with scope to rise further within the organization.
The China Program Manager will report directly to the Executive Director while working out of WildAid's Beijing office with specific requirement for time in WildAid's US office located in San Francisco, California. Additional international travel may be required.
- You will be a first class communicator, able to deliver winning presentations in person and in writing with a detailed understanding of how to best use mass media, marketing and PR as an effective advocacy tool for wildlife and environmental conservation.
- You will have superb interpersonal skills, be a very able negotiator with a finely tuned approach to sensitive situations and negotiations – at all levels, from village communities through to senior levels in Government in India and internationally.
- You will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the program is adequately funded working with the ED, Chief Representative and Development Director seeking support in China and the US.
- You will be responsible for grant and report writing as well as the effective day-to-day management of the China program according to an agreed strategy with specific and measurable, time-bound goals and outputs.
- You will work with headquarters to develop a funding plan for each wildlife campaign including individual, corporate and foundation funders. Current campaigns include shark finning, ivory trade, rhino horn trade, tiger trade, marine protected areas and climate change (“5 To Do Today”) campaign.
- You will be charged with actively seeking to develop the scope and positive impact of our work in China (according to a pre-agreed strategy and framework for implementation).
- You will build relationships with other organizations and potential board members and grow the China Conservation Leadership Council.
- You will build WildAid Hong Kong as a source of financial support for the organization.
Working full-time and based in WildAid’s Beijing office, the China Program Manager will be required to travel within Mainland China and Hong Kong.
You will also travel to the US several times each year at the discretion and request of the Directors to specifically report on the operations and assist in all aspects of raising funds for the China program and the organization generally. This travel may be required at short-notice, during inconvenient periods and be extended with very limited warning.
Remuneration: WildAid offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications, ranging from $80,000 - $100,000 USD. Benefits include health, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance. WildAid offers a 401K matching program after 1 year of employment.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume by email, with China Program Manager in the subject line, (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to high applicant volume, you will only receive a response from WildAid if you are contacted for an interview.