Government Affairs Intern
AD Date: 08 Feb - 20 Mar,2013
Company: AmCham China
Location Country: China
Location City: Beijing
Education: University / College Degree
*Strong writing and editing skills
*Experience in research
*Attention to detail
*Solid understanding or academic background in US-China economic policy
*(for native Chinese speakers) Fluency in spoken and written English
Government Affairs Intern
AmCham-China is seeking a Chinese native-speaker government relations interns for the summer of 2013 (approximately June-August). Interns should be current college students, current graduate students or recent graduates.
Government relations interns will
* Support the GR team in the process of drafting and editing the annual White Paper on American Business in China
* Support the GR team in data collection and analysis for the annual Business Climate Survey
* Support the GR and events team with annual events
* Research and provide up-to-date memo's on current US and China policy effecting business in China
Please note that AmCham-China cannot assist in any way transportation, or lodging. A stipend is provided to those interns not receiving course credit or who are required to complete an internship as part of an academic program. We are seeking both Chinese and expatriate candidates. Chinese candidates should be current students. Expatriate candidates should either be current students or recent graduates. To be eligible to be selected, expatriate applicants MUST either a) be in China on a current X (student) visa, that will be valid throughout the internship, or b) be able to apply for an F (business) visa in the country of their origin. AmCham China can provide a 3 month F visa invitation letter.
For the summer semester, we have limited internships available. To apply for the internship positions please send an email to Barbara Chen O’Connell at email@example.com by March 20, 2013 with the following information.
1. A 1-page cover letter, detailing your interest in and qualifications for an AmCham-China internship, attached in .doc or .pdf form
2. Your 1-page resume, attached in .doc or .pdf form
3. In the email with your documents please include:
(a) Your dates of availability, as well as your availability during the week from May-August (to the best of your knowledge)
(b) Which position(s) you are applying for - please note that if you apply to more than one AmCham-China internship, you need only submit one application.
(c) Your status in China during the internship (i.e. study abroad, looking for full-time employment, etc…)
(d) A contact email and phone number where we can reach you to follow up.