The Policy Committee brings together policy experts from a wide variety of sectors in AmCham China’s membership for regular meetings, expert presentations, roundtables and panel discussions on the current policy environment for American businesses in China. The activities of the committee aid in identifying cross-cutting issues of importance to all AmCham China members and help determine how best to advocate on behalf of members’ interests. In addition to regular meetings, the committee helps establish AmCham China’s annual Advocacy Priorities (http://www.amchamchina.org/priorities2013), and plays an instrumental role in the development of the annual American Business in China White Paper (http://www.amchamchina.org/whitepaper).
In recent months, PPDC has hosted a variety of events, including a panel discussion on social media’s impact on reform, a Policy Workshop to solicit member input on advocacy priorities, and a presentation on the potential for SEC delisting of Chinese firms due to incompatible accounting practices.
Recent activities include:
- June 2013 – Meeting on Economic/Investment Reforms and the 2013 Advocacy Agenda
- May 2013 - America's China Policy: Hedging or Accommodating?
- Dr. Fan Jishe (Chinese Academy of Social Sciences)
- April 2013 - Understanding China's Economic Reforms
- Yasheng Huang (MIT Sloan School of Management)
- April 2013 - Initiative on China and Global Governance
- Scott Kennedy (Indiana University) and He Fan (Chinese Academy of Social Sciences)
- February 2013 – Panel Discussion on Non-traditional Media as a Catalyst for Reform in China, moderated by Kaiser Kuo (Baidu)
- David Wolf (Allison+Partners)
- He Gang (Caijing Magazine)
- Zhang Lifen (Financial Times)
Co-Chair: Lester Ross, WilmerHale
Vice Chair: Elizabeth Rowland, Covington & Burling
AmCham China Support Staff: Catherine Beck
To contact AmCham China support staff: First initial of the person's first name followed by his or her last name @amchamchina.org