Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization representing nearly 1,000 U.S. companies operating across China, including most of the Fortune 500. The Chamber’s nationwide mission is to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, insights, relationships, and business support services. With offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Dalian, Shenyang, and Wuhan. AmCham China has 25 Working Groups and holds more than 300 events per year.
Company: AmCham China
Industry: Nonprofit Organization
Job title: Agriculture, F&B, Sustainability Program Coordinator/Manager (dependent on experience)
Reports to: AFB Group Leader
The Agriculture, Food and Beverage (AFB) Sustainability Program Coordinator/Manager will be working in one of the most exciting, fast-moving spaces in the world: agri-food and beverage industry, innovation, and climate. Agriculture-food is the next important frontier in Low Carbon/Sustainability accounting for 34% of all global Green-house Gases especially methane. This role creates value by networking AmCham China’s members around a global hot topic to capitalize on current momentum and develop real-world, sustainable solutions as the agri-food industry, working with financial forward as they look anew at how to feed the world nutritious food in a safe, secure, and sustainable way.
Key responsibilities include operating the coordinating across the AFB Group and other groups in the whole Chamber to engage with key members and government players to bring best practices and new technologies to the table, build high-quality networks for China-US economic and trade relations, and ultimately help China and the world to reach national food sustainability and low-carbon goals. Many of these activities are delivered through our high-level events and seminars which offer professionals opportunities to interact with and learn from industry experts with first-hand information on U.S.-China trade, market access, policy, agri-food sustainability and innovation. Working with the AFB Group Director, the AFB Manager/Coordinator will serve as a key point of contact to engage with the agriculture, food and beverage industries, interest groups, individual member companies and executives on the topic of Sustainability.
The AFB Manager/Coordinator is also responsible for marketing to both members and non-members regarding opportunities in Sustainability to 1) engage in high-level governmental meetings, roundtables, and white papers, 2) green finance and investments, and 3) specific business partnerships and pilots to advance sustainable agri-food nutrition, food safety, and low-carbon goals.
AFB Team members enjoy the opportunity to work on a variety of programs and services through very close collaboration with other teams within the organization. In addition to subject matter knowledge, these have become important pathways to develop professional skills including stakeholder management, resource sharing, driving a project from scratch to success, marketing, business development, and others.
Duties and responsibilities
The AFB Manager/Coordinator is expected to thrive on the following key responsibilities:
- Developing strategy and program plan together with operational leadership and leadership and key members of the AFB Group and following up with engagement with key U.S. and Chinese government and industry stakeholders;
- Monitoring key AFB sustainable, technological, regulatory, and business developments and accordingly creating events with thought leaders for ongoing dialogue and engagement around agri-food sustainability;
- Working with others in the AFB Group and with colleagues from other teams to ensure meaningful contribution to AmCham China’s membership recruitment, advocacy and sustainability initiatives and business development success;
- Create consistent updates of success stories in advocacy, insights, and business development wins, and ensure proper marketing and outreach to key stakeholders including members, potential members, government counterparts and other partners;
- Organizing key companies within the AFB Group to participate in agri-food, sustainability, and innovation events around China to strengthen business development under AmCham China’s brand
Our AFB Group staff have an excellent opportunity to develop skills in a key global field. They are put on a three-phase development path with clear development indicators of business and soft skill goals and performance evaluation and with a path to successful next steps in their corporate career especially in the fields of government and corporate affairs, sustainability and technology, and public relations and corporate communications.
The basic skills and character expected for each member of the AFB Group include:
- Detail oriented, takes initiative, able to work independently;
- Capable of communicating (written and verbal) effectively in both English and Chinese, and excellent in management reporting tools;
- Ability to show the right judgement on problems, demonstrate superb ability of prioritization while multitasking;
- Strong sense of community and be able to demonstrate flexibility, willingness to support others.
- Curiosity and a willingness to think outside the box
On top of those, in order to fulfill the job’s responsibilities and expectations, AFB Manager/Coordinator is expected to demonstrate the following strong education background, business and organizational skills:
- Minimum five years of work experience in marketing, public relations, business development, government relations, or consulting.
- Prior in-depth subject matter knowledge on agri-food or sustainability is not a must but a plus;
- Strong sense of organizational behavior and processes, excellent team and people skills to be able to manage KPI delivery through working with multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Maintain productive engagement and relationship with key member companies and individual members;
- Able to manage membership and engagement database;
- Able to learn and understand key subject matter and business knowledge;
- As a team player, leverage skills, expertise, resources and support from different teams to deliver successful execution of Programs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com