Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization representing nearly 1,000 U.S. companies operating across China, including most of the Fortune 500. The Chamber’s nationwide mission is to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, insights, relationships, and business support services. With offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Dalian, Shenyang, and Wuhan. AmCham China has 25 Working Groups and holds more than 300 events per year.
Position: Northeast Chapter Manager
Reports to: General Manager, Chapters
The Member Operations and Chapters team is the most dynamic and largest team at AmCham China, creating value through membership programs and services across our offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Wuhan, Dalian and Shenyang. One of the team’s key responsibilities is to operate AmCham China’s industry / issue-based Forums and Committees – our member-driven working groups that serve as the life blood of the AmCham China’s policy and regulatory advocacy (A), business insights sharing (B) and professional community development activities (C). Many of these A, B and C activities are delivered through our content rich speaker programs and topic-based seminars, which offer young professionals intimate opportunities to interact with and learn from industry experts and business practitioners first-hand information on U.S.-China trade, market access, policy, regulatory and technology development issues across many different industries. As part of the larger Member Operations team, each Chapter team is responsible for develop and maintain the membership base in its region through working closely with governments in its region for advocacy, implementing Chapter-specific services suitable for its own region and replicating those best practices and resources from the Beijing Office in programs, services and marketing, and supporting the local needs of programs and advocacy of the larger AmCham China operations in Beijing.
As the largest hub of member services and engagement, our team members enjoyed the opportunities working on a variety of programs and services through very close collaboration with both members and other teams within the organization across our five office locations. In addition to subject matter knowledge, these have become important pathways to develop professional skills including stakeholder management, resource sharing, driving a project from scratch to success, marketing, business development, and others.
Duties and responsibilities
Each Chapter Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Chapter Office, supporting the chapter executive committee in running AmCham China’s local membership, advocacy, services and business development priorities, and under the supervision of the General Manager of Chapters to serve as a bridge between the Beijing Office and the Chapter. Specifically, the responsibilities include:
(20%) Governance and Executive Committee Support
- Manage operations of the Chapter to meet targets indicated by the Executive Committee in alignment with the larger AmCham China strategy and priorities;
- Work with the Chapter Executive Committee on monthly reporting of on related membership outcomes, advocacy wins, programs and services and financial results;
- Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Member Operations and General Manager of Chapters, serve as a bridge between the Beijing-based larger AmCham China operations and the Chapter Executive Committee to ensure consistent operational standards and policy consistency and share best practices;
- Facilitate the annual election process of the Executive Committee;
(25%) Membership, Business Development and Marketing
- Lead membership development and business development in the Chapter region;
- Develop sponsorships and event promotions with both public and private sector clientele in the Chapter region;
- Replicate best practice sponsorship and media services from Beijing and other Chapters in the Chapter region;
- Manage the Chapter’s marketing and member communication activities to promote success stories, products and services of the Chapter and AmCham China at large;
(40%) Government Relations, Programs and Services
- Develop and maintain local Chinese government partnerships and relationships with related U.S. Embassy and Consulate teams to drive member programs and services;
- Oversee the operations of Chapter-based Forums and Committees, leading the planning, development and execution of various Chapter-based F&C advocacy activities and programs, and work closely with the Beijing F&C team to create a two-way street advocacy and program support;
- Develop and execute successful signature programs and other events to meet the Chapter’s government relations, member and community engagement, and financial goals;
- Cultivate relationships with other organizations with shared benefits and mission to serve the local FDI and expatriate community to develop joint programs and services for win-win results;
(15%) Chapter Office Administration
- Manage the Chapter office facilities and administrative processes, including ensuring timely and adequate financial reporting, compliant and cost-effective vendor management.
- Detail oriented, initiative, able to work independently;
- Capable of communicating (written and verbal) effectively in both English and Chinese, and excellent in management reporting tools;
- Ability to show the right judgement on problems, demonstrate superb ability of prioritization while multitasking;
- Strong sense of community and be able to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to support others;
- Do the right thing, possess good judgement, and demonstrate growth potential.
- Minimum eight years of work experience in at least one or more areas of project management, public relations and corporate affairs, marketing, event, media, marketing and business development;
- Prior subject matter knowledge on specific industries is not a must but a plus;
- Plan time and work according to annual priorities and budget, be able to execute, lead and create projects that deliver expected Chapter-specific and AmCham China overall organizational outcomes;
- Entrepreneurial spirit to create new products and services and the ability to execute with concrete outcomes;
- Understand existing and potential membership and clientele pertaining to the local markets, and be able to develop business, and master the database using our various IT and other organizational infrastructures;
- Maintain consistent processes, productive engagement and result-focused relationship with key internal and external stakeholders in both public and private sectors;
- Learn and understand key subject matter and business knowledge;
- Be an example of team culture and capable of levering cross-organizational support to focus on delivering results while ensuring demonstrating the core Member Operations and Chapter team competency.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com