Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization representing nearly 1,000 U.S. companies operating across China, including most of the Fortune 500. The Chamber’s nationwide mission is to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, insights, relationships, and business support services. With offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Dalian, Shenyang, and Wuhan. AmCham China has 25 Working Groups and holds more than 300 events per year.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates with the passion, capabilities, and energy to join the President’s Office in the role of Executive Support and Special Projects Leader. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to play a leadership role supporting the AmCham China President, Chairman, Board of Governors, and Management Team. The role requires the individual to interact with hundreds of business professionals, foreign business executives and government officials from the US and China.
Ideal candidates will be bi-lingual, excellent communicators, highly organized, and flexible, with an outgoing personality and interest to make a difference in the US – China commercial relationship.
- Executive Support to Board of Governors (25%):
- Organize and coordinate the monthly Board of Governors meetings with logistics support, such as preparing materials, inviting guests and speakers, managing attendance, etc.
- Organize and coordinate exclusive meetings, meals, and events for the Board with logistics support.
- Act as the liaison between the Board, the US Embassy, other foreign chambers, and the other partner organizations with the AmCham staff during daily operations.
- Manage the Board Handbook and other relevant materials.
- Executive Support to President and Chairman (25%):
- Help maintain and manage the overall schedule and calendar of the President and Chairman for external meetings, business travel, and internal coordination.
- Provide logistical support for relevant meetings and conferences as required.
- Streamline inbound and outbound communications, maximizing productivity and ensuring all requests receive attention with the proper level of urgency.
- Special Project (50%):
- Incubate new initiatives and ideas with strategic planning and budgeting for special projects, while determining the relevant internal and external resources for implementation and evaluation.
- Support selected strategic projects until they are sufficiently designed and validated, before transferring to another part of the organization.
- Direct selected cross-functional internal initiatives and projects to help the optimize organization and improve operating performance.
- Provide project-based support to President and Management Team.
- A bachelor’s degree from leading university, preferable with English, International Affairs / Relations, Business Administration or other relevant majors; Master’s degree is preferred.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a corporate environment in China.
- Excellent Chinese and English proficiency are a must, both oral and written.
- Self-directed, motivated team player with exceptional multitasking abilities and a natural attention to detail. Ability to work independently and without significant oversight in a multi-cultural organization.
- Creative, entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to experiment and innovate in a supportive yet results-oriented environment.
- Ability to engage with senior business executives and US and Chinese Government officials.
- Good computer and MS software skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com