Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization representing nearly 1,000 U.S. companies operating across China, including most of the Fortune 500. The Chamber’s nationwide mission is to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, insights, relationships, and business support services. With offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Dalian, Shenyang, and Wuhan. AmCham China has 25 Working Groups and holds more than 300 events per year.
Job title: Healthcare Industry Sr. Manager/Director
Team: Healthcare program team
Reports to: Sr. Director of Member Operations
Healthcare is one of the top sectors served by AmCham China with over 100 companies and is one of AmCham China’s largest membership segments. AmCham China’s healthcare members are not only pivotal resources for the strong and robust delivery of healthcare in China, but they also constitute trusted and reliable partners for their customers, regulatory authorities, domestic counterparts, and the general public in China. Together, AmCham China’s healthcare members and its partners are advancing a shared objective to improve China’s healthcare system for the benefit of the public.
AmCham China’s healthcare work is performed under US-China Healthcare Cooperation Program (HCP) and AmCham China’s Healthcare Forum. This work is managed by one team comprised of two (2) Program Managers and headed by AmCham China’s Healthcare Industry Sr. Manager/Director.
HCP is unique public-private partnership that was established almost ten (10) years ago with over 30 members. It is a collaborative members-based organization created to foster long-term bilateral cooperation involving public health, health policy research, training, and technology. AmCham China’s Healthcare Forum includes a broader group of AmCham China members with healthcare interests that share information with one another and advocate on issues important to their business success in China.
The Sr. Manager/Director leads the operations of HCP and the Forum—spanning pharma, medical devices, digital health and healthcare services–and is responsible for managing the program team and coordinating with different stakeholders including member companies, governmental institutions, and industry associations. Candidates should visit AmCham China’s Website at Amchamchina.org to obtain further information about HCP and the work of the Forum.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops strategy and objectives for the HCP and Forum and leads day-to-day implementation of strategy. Prepares regular reports of meetings and activities of both HCP and the Forum (20%).
- Leads outreach to National Healthcare Security Administration (NHSA), National Medical Products Administration (NMPA), National Health Commission (NHC) and other Chinese government partners, including submitting and discussing proposed projects, facilitating member company interaction, and coordinating personnel and technical exchanges. (15%).
- Develops and manages project activities in the form of trainings, workshops, symposia and studies that showcase US regulatory and business best practices, new technologies and pertinent information exchanges (30%).
- Identifies, recruits, and retains member companies and supporting organizations. Sets recruitment and retention targets and manages outreach to potential members. (10%)
- Manages interactions with U.S. governmental institutions, including Health and Human Services (HHS), Department of Commerce (DOC), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and U.S. Embassy representatives. (15%)
- Financial/Budget Management, Business Planning and Manpower Planning for the HCP. (10%)
- Academic background: Master’s degree and above in public health, pharmaceutical sciences, health economy and other related fields.
- At least 5-10 years of work experience in healthcare-related companies, industry associations, governmental institutions, or international organizations.
- A proven track record of working cooperatively with Chinese governmental institutions, preferably in the healthcare sector; experience working with the US government is a plus.
- Strong program planning and project management, and team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, executive level speaking and presentation skills. Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Self-starter, strong motivation, and passion for improving healthcare, logical and strategic thinker.
- Association or membership-based organization management experience a plus
- China based candidates are preferred; willingness to travel is a must.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com