Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization representing nearly 1,000 U.S. companies operating across China, including most of the Fortune 500. The Chamber’s nationwide mission is to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, insights, relationships, and business support services. With offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Dalian, Shenyang, and Wuhan. AmCham China has 25 Working Groups and holds more than 300 events per year.
Job title: Independent Contract Program Researcher
Project timeline: November 26th 2021 – March 25th 2022
Work time: 20 hours a week
Preferred Start Date: Late November, 2021
AmCham China’s 2021 Social Impact Initiative is establishing a public-private partnership platform focused on: (1) carbon reduction; (2) rural revitalization; and (3) supporting SMEs with digital transformation and/or accessing new markets. Through this Initiative, AmCham China will facilitate working sessions, engage with stakeholders, and initiate programs to discuss related topics resulting in working session outcome highlights that culminate in final report(s).
We are looking to hire a short-term, contract-based researcher to support the drafting and editing of the final reports and other ad hoc research requests of the 2021 Social Impact Initiative. The researcher will work together with the AmCham China Government Affairs and Policy team to ensure the timely production of high-quality final reports and support research and policy monitoring of relevant fields.
Scope of Work
- Support the drafting the editing of the 2021 Social Impact Initiative final reports:
- The 2021 Social Impact Initiative focuses on three areas: (1) how MNCs can better support China’s carbon reduction goals with its global and local best practice; (2) how can private sector contribute to China’s national strategy of rural revitalization; and (3) what MNCs are working on to support SMEs with digital transformation and/or accessing new markets.
- Monitor policy updates and assist ad-hoc research requests and projects.
- Research will be reviewed by AmCham China staff and participating companies.
- All deliverables will be bilingual.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze relevant data, patterns, and trends based on online research, surveys, and interviews.
- Communicate with relevant colleagues, company representatives, and experts to research and develop frameworks for each report.
- Conduct interviews with relevant experts from companies, international organizations, and Chinese research institutions.
- Analyze implications of public policies and offer recommendations.
- University degree and at least 2 years post college relevant full-time employment in a role requiring strong analytic, writing, organizational and communication skills.
- Master’s degree in a relevant major/discipline highly preferred.
- Ability to research and verify content based on original sources in Chinese.
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills in Chinese and English, demonstrated in a fast-paced work environment.
- Candidates from industry/policy research, consulting, or journalism backgrounds encouraged to apply.
- Appreciation for quality and detail gained in a rigorous academic and work environment.
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills; able to derive conclusions from incomplete information.
- Ability to engage with senior corporate executives and government officials.
- General knowledge of economics and business issues and trends in China.
- Strong competence in MS Office and other programs, especially Word and PowerPoint.
- Highly organized, self-starter with a natural ability to multi-task
- Strong team player
- Strong time management skills; able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese and English
- Dependable, flexible and service-oriented
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com