Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China (AmCham China) sits at the front lines of the largest and most important bilateral economic relationship in the world. With frequent access to high-level officials from both the US and Chinese governments, plus the most influential network of senior executives from the business community, the Chamber is currently undergoing an exciting transformation of its own, making sizeable investments in new technologies in a bid to enhance our impact long into the future. Representative of its membership, staff are a vibrant mix of international and local employees, and the Chamber’s unique culture encourages initiative, innovation, and inclusiveness. Join this important organization and help shape the future direction of the global economy!
The Marketing and Communications team is looking for an intern with excellent written and verbal Mandarin & English language skills, as well as a good marketing sense. The intern will support the team on a host of tasks including:
- drafting email campaigns both in English and Chinese;
- supporting the operation of AmCham China social media platforms, including WeChat and LinkedIn, and conducting marketing reviews;
- assisting with the translation of interviews, news releases, etc., and monitoring media exposure of AmCham China;
- providing onsite support to AmCham China events;
- other responsibilities as assigned.
Please note that for this position interns who will be able to make a commitment to a full-time internship for 3 months are preferred.
• Students currently enrolled in master’s degree programs in marketing, journalism, communications, or related fields; or current undergraduate students in relevant majors are welcome to apply
• Native English or Chinese speaker with exceptional written command of the English language; ability to conduct research and communicate in Chinese preferred
• Quick learner and attention to details
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Candidates who are dependable, flexible, able to take initiative and work well in a team environment
• Expat candidates must be X1 or X2 visa holders
• Part-time interns should spend at least three days a week in the office
• 1 page cover letter in English detailing candidate’s interest and qualifications for the AmCham China internship, attached in .pdf format
• 1 page resume in English, in .pdf format
In the body of the email, please include the following:
• Available dates and preference for a full time or part time position
• Department preferences: Candidates should submit their application only once, but state if they want to also be considered for positions in other AmCham China departments
• Current status: location (city/country), citizenship, and visa status with regards to China (e.g., Chinese citizen currently studying abroad, Chinese student, American in Beijing on an X visa)
• Contact information
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org