Website Dezan Shira & Associates
Dezan Shira & Associates is a pan-Asia, multi-disciplinary professional services firm, providing legal, tax and operational advisory to international corporate investors.
Location: Beijing, China
Dezan Shira & Associates is a pan-Asia, multi-disciplinary professional services firm, providing legal, tax and operational advisory to international corporate investors. Operational throughout China, ASEAN and India, our mission is to guide foreign companies through Asia’s complex regulatory environment and assist them with all aspects of establishing, maintaining and growing their business operations in the region. With more than 30 years of on-the-ground experience and a large team of lawyers, tax experts and auditors, in addition to researchers and business analysts, we are your partner for growth in Asia.
Originally incorporated in Hong Kong in 1992, Dezan Shira & Associates is in its third decade of operations and has subsequently grown to support 28 offices and over 500 staff in our operations throughout China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, and Vietnam together with our alliance partners in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand. Our firm also maintains client liaison offices in the United States and Europe.
For additional information, please visit www.dezshira.com.
- Meet independently or as a team with existing or potential clients to introduce DSA’s services, to discuss client needs, and to advise on strategic business legal, tax, accounting and IT issues affecting their business plans;
- Prepare service proposals and contracts and follow up with potential clients to conclude agreements for the provision of services;
- Serve as a representative of Dezan Shira at business and community events;
- Expand DSAs client base and represent the firm locally and internationally as needed;
- Conceive of and develop new services together with Dezan Shira colleagues in China and SE Asia.
Project and Account Management
- Research China foreign direct investment, legal, tax, and accounting regulations and prepare to discuss the application of such research to the client’s situation;
- Work together as needed with other Dezan Shira professionals to deliver Dezan Shira services to clients;
- Assist in coordinating the completion of deliverables and managing strategic relationships;
- Communicate with clients about their needs and assist in resolving problems to the client’s satisfaction;
- Business Development and client services strategy in coordination with colleagues.
Public Relations and Communication
- Develop to the point of writing articles and delivering presentations on matters of foreign investment in China and SE Asia independently or together with teams from the firm;
- Develop to the point of coordinating and developing relationships with local and international professional firms and organizations to further promote Dezan Shira services and to increase Dezan Shira’s exposure and its Asia Briefing publications and websites;
- Contribute to Asia Briefing publications and websites in coordination with editorial team;
- Travel internationally to attend events and seminars to promote the firm and develop and maintain relationships with international professional firms and networks for the purpose of business referrals.
Educational background and technical knowledge
- Bachelor degree or higher;
- One to five years of professional work or internship experience;
- Knowledge of accounting and tax principles
- Familiarity with legal issues and legal contracts;
- Awareness of Chinese legal, tax, and financial matters highly desirable.
- Excellent English language writing and speaking skills;
- Native English or German speaker preferred;
- Business-level Chinese language reading and speaking skills a plus;
- Ability to work effectively within a multicultural team and with business leaders;
- Reliable and accurate; ability to work as a good team player;
- Detail oriented, professional business demeanor and attitude;
- Effective and persuasive communicator;
- High level of initiative and follow through, ability to initiate projects and think proactively;
- Friendly, polite and open person;
- IT knowledge or consulting experience a plus.
Location, Start Date, and Salary
- Beijing office
- Starting date: ASAP
- Local contract
- Salary negotiable depending on working experience and educational background
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org