Website Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Closing Date: July 31 2022
Job Title: Category Manager – Server
The Category management function defines and manages the HPE server product offering, positioning, and pricing across the product life cycle of a given portfolio, guiding the direct/indirect sales teams on such product related dimensions. They are responsible to plan the HPE server business objective for a specific server portfolio, and to achieve this plan through on going adjustments of the product related decisions. Acts as the lead expert in competition product knowledge in all dimensions (product knowledge, pricing, marketing, customer requirements). Communicates, briefs, supports direct and indirect sales force on product strategies. Defines advertising, and demand generation priorities at strategic and tactical levels in partnership with the Marketing function. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically work through H3C product and solution teams.
- Superior understanding of the Server category product, business management, sales challenges and strategies.
- Actively contributes/leads the definition of the HPE Server category business plan.
- Establishes relationships and represents HPE China server team with sales force and other partners at senior level.
- Server product line responsibility for a significant share of the product range, or a specific customer segment.
- Functional responsibility for the team in one or several areas (market analysis, marketing engagement, product team or sales force communication etc).
- Leads a subset of the team. Leads overall engagement with one or several server product/sales teams.
- Leads engagement partnership with external IT vendors especially with H3C.
- Demonstrates accountability for business results, driving achievement of goals within the storage category and assigned geography (China)
- Monitor product category pipeline and propose actions for gaps to plan
- Delivers product category enablement to both internal and external sales audiences
- Defines and drives demand-generation priorities to support product portfolio strategies
- Initiate and manage GTM programs to expand the China server business (e.g., Install Base, Competitive Attack)
- Responsible for the assigned portfolio GTM plans and manages the category as a business lead across the server product lifecycle
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or Computer science; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Typically 3-5+ years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred.
- Demonstrated Management/ Team leadership experience.
- Consumer and/or Commercial Partner management expertise. End-user Acct management as an alternative.
Knowledge and Skills
- Fluent English is a must.
- Server background.
- IT industry knowledge.
- Strong presentation skill.
- Business planning skills, multidimensional.
- Financial planning and modelling skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting.
- Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally.
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners.
- Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing.)
To apply for this job email your details to Caroline.firstname.lastname@example.org