Website Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Closing Date: July 31 2022
Job Title: Category Manager – Storage
Location: Beijing or Houston
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
To demonstrate business acumen in the IT field with rich experience of the HPE storage and storage networking product management including offering, positioning, and pricing across the product life cycle of the given portfolios. To engage with the direct/indirect sales teams to provide guidance of the owned product-related dimensions. Be responsible for the overall strategy development for the given product categories and researching new product options to drive sales and achieve the business objectives and targets. Expertise in storage and storage networking product includes product knowledge, pricing, marketing, customer requirements. Communicates, briefs, supports direct and indirect sales force on product strategies. Defines advertising, and demand generation priorities at strategic and tactical levels in partnership with the Marketing function. China is running a joint venture business model, the role is required work closely with the HPE WW core product team, the China H3C product & solution teams to grow the business of the given products and portfolios. In addition, the storage CM will assist in helping build and execute on incentive, marketing and demand generation programs in partnership with the Marketing and Channel functions.
- Take lead to manage HPE China storage business and responsible for overall storage portfolio GTM plans and manages the category as a business lead across the overall storage product lifecycle
- Demonstrates accountability for business results, driving achievement of goals within the storage category and assigned geography (China)
- Establishes relationships and represents HPE China storage team with sales force and other partners at senior level.
- Monitor product category pipeline and propose actions for gaps to plan
- Superior understanding of the storage category product, business management, sales challenges and strategies.
- China storage GTM strategy customization and development
- Evangelizes, promotes, and manages the storage category with internal audiences, JV partners & customers
- Delivers product category enablement to both internal and external sales audiences
- Defines and drives demand-generation priorities to support product portfolio strategies
- Initiate and manage GTM / RTM programs to expand the China storage business (e.g., Install Base, Competitive Attack)
- Functional responsibility for the team in one or several areas (market analysis, marketing engagement, product team, operation or sales force communication etc).
- Leads engagement partnership with external IT vendors especially with H3C.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field of study. MBA or advanced degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience in related field
- Technical understanding and knowledge of the relevant industry
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive team skills and ability to cross functionally drive/influence work through others, ability to mentor and lead teams to achieve results for complex, ambiguous projects.
- Extensive business acumen and knowledge of root cause analysis and problem detection.
- Technical understanding and knowledge of the relevant industry and ability to provide product specific technical training to the team.
- Excellent English/Mandarin written/oral communications.
- Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally.
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners.
- Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing.).
- Ability to build, manage and influence virtual teams.
- Exceptional negotiating skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines, both within and outside the company.
- Conflict-resolution skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfortable to manage high complexity product & business planning.
To apply for this job email your details to Caroline.firstname.lastname@example.org