Website University of Minnesota China Office
University of Minnesota’s China Office was established in Beijing in 2009, as the institution’s first office abroad. In recognition of the more than 10,000 Chinese alumni who have graduated from the University since the first three Chinese students enrolled in 1914, the China Office is a critical resource to further develop educational, cultural, and social collaborations among China, the University of Minnesota, and the State of Minnesota.
The China Office is looking for an intern to comprehensively support the China Office’s daily operations, with excellent written and verbal Mandarin & English language skills. The intern will support the team with the following tasks:
- Assisting in drafting social media contents (written and visual) for China Office social media accounts;
- Providing event support on receptions, stakeholder visits, networking gatherings that the China Office hosts or participates in;
- Researching and translating on bilingual content for marketing and office projects;
- Supporting daily office administrative tasks, including printing, scanning, organizing, etc.;
- Running general office errands when necessary, such as mailing letters, picking up mails, making store purchases, welcoming, and escorting visitors outside the office building, etc.
- Current undergraduate or graduate candidate in China;
- Excellent written skills in both Chinese and English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong interpersonal communication skill;
- Be able to work at least 3 days a week in the office, for 3 months or more;
- Experience in running WeChat Official Accounts and/or other social media platforms;
- Familiarity with graphic design, video editing tools and a strong concept of visual aesthetic;
- 1 page cover letter in English addressing the candidate’s interest and qualifications, and how these skills and experience will support in this position;
- Current resume;
Please note that for this position interns who will be able to make a commitment for at least 3 month.
APPLY FOR JOB by emailing the materials to Ms Fran Liu, Director of the University of Minnesota China Office.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com