Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China (AmCham China) sits at the front lines of the largest and most important bilateral economic relationship in the world. With frequent access to high-level officials from both the US and Chinese governments, plus the most influential network of senior executives from the business community, the Chamber is currently undergoing an exciting transformation of its own, making sizeable investments in new technologies in a bid to enhance our impact long into the future. Representative of its membership, staff are a vibrant mix of international and local employees, and the Chamber’s unique culture encourages initiative, innovation, and inclusiveness. Join this important organization and help shape the future direction of the global economy!
The Content Editor is responsible for all English-language content on the Chamber’s website and social media channels, and for producing the AmCham China Quarterly magazine. All content overseen by the Editor should measurably impact stakeholder engagement to help the Chamber achieve its objectives.
Working Location and Hours
Beijing, 9:00-17:30, Monday-Friday
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all content of the executive-focused AmCham China Quarterly magazine. Draws up themed content for each edition, interviews executives, writes articles, commissions articles, works with external stakeholders (including premium member companies) to secure high-quality, original content, edits and proofreads, working in close partnership with the magazine designer, and ensures that the production timeline remains on track, followed by the promotion and syndication of content after publication.
- Ensures that the Chamber’s website is continually updated with fresh content, reflecting the vibrant nature of the Chamber, while maintaining the website’s central purpose as a key marketing channel. Generated content directly and/or copyedits articles and content from other colleagues, including the Chapters, and promotes member-generated articles and news. In addition to text, content should include photos, videos, and data visualization tools as part of the content production process.
- Writes attractive and catchy Chamber newsletters relevant to our key audiences, that are designed to promote the Chamber’s, drive attendance at events, and support products and services.
- Works with colleagues across the Chamber to design and write email marketing campaigns targeted at different demographics, with measurable outcomes and data-driven learnings.
- Manages all the Chamber’s English-language social media platforms, with tailored posts of relevant and appropriate content that help to promote the Chamber’s activities and work.
- All content should be magnified across multiple channels, and repurposed accordingly for maximum effect. Targets should be set for each piece of content, to monitor its effectiveness, and adjust production accordingly.
- Prepares informed interactions with current and prospective clients by researching the latest company specific and industry issues in the Dynamics CRM.
Experience and Qualifications
- Candidate should be a native English speaker, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant qualifications in communications, marketing, or related fields.
- At least of 2-3 years’ experience working in an editorial role at a website or print publication.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- The candidate should be artistic and creative and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate should be a self-starter, with the ability to manage time and stay on schedule across multiple ongoing projects.
- The position involves regular communication with colleagues across a variety of departments, so the ability to work well with people from a wide range of backgrounds is an important component of the role.
- Knowledge and experience using editing and design software is an advantage.
- Business and marketing skills or experience are also a plus, in line with the team’s goals to promote the Chamber’s products and services.
To apply for this position, please send a current CV and cover letter to Maggie Huang, Senior Director of HR and Operations, to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org