The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country's leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives.
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) Beijing Representative Office is seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) for the International Advocacy team to assist executives within the office, assume a variety of administrative responsibilities, be a key interface with member company representatives, and ensure the efficient and smooth operation of the office. The EA will be entrusted with confidential information and will report to the Executive Director of PhRMA’s Beijing Representative office.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for:
- Organizing and scheduling meetings.
- Meeting with visitors upon arrival at the office.
- Taking meeting notes/minutes and distributing to participants.
- Managing routine office expenses/payments and preparing expense reports.
- Assist with processing visas/permits for foreign co-workers and visitors.
- Covering incoming telephone calls, making travel arrangements and itineraries.
- Document translation and meeting interpretation (Chinese to English and English to Chinese).
Key Success Factors
The PhRMA Beijing Representative Office seeks a proactive, confident and action-oriented individual who is passionate about contributing to the health care challenges we face today. Key success factors for this role include a strong sense of team and collaborative focus. The preferred candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated consensus building, decision-making and interpersonal skills are essential. This is a highly visible, fast-paced position that is both internally and externally facing. Accordingly, the successful candidate should be adaptable, able to reprioritize and shift gears quickly, comfortable in a high-pressure environment and be politically savvy, diplomatic, responsive, and mature.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- 3- to 5-years office management experience, including senior executive support.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in both verbal and written Chinese and English.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and balance priorities.
- Ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion, exercise sound judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
- Strong command of Microsoft suite of software and Adobe Acrobat, including, but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the world’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested nearly $1 trillion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $83 billion in 2019 alone. PhRMA registered its Beijing Representative Office on April 28, 2020, as a foreign non-government organization, and the business scope of the Beijing Representative Office is to promote cooperation and information communication among enterprises and encourage enterprises to develop innovative drugs for Chinese patients.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of benefits, PhRMA is committed to the growth, development and overall wellbeing of our team members.
As required by Chinese law, PhRMA’s Beijing Representative Office, which is a representative office of a foreign non-government organization, cannot directly enter into employment contracts with Chinese nationals and will hire Chinese staff through a local HR service company.
Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As the trade association for several leading biopharmaceutical companies, our workforce and culture should reflect the makeup of our clients and the benefactors of our efforts – patients. We at PhRMA are committed to building a culture where diverse people, ideas, and experiences are welcomed, included, and celebrated; where our employees can thrive as they bring their best authentic selves to work every day. PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
To apply, click on the link below:
To apply for this job please visit phrma.org.