Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China (AmCham China) sits at the front lines of the largest and most important bilateral economic relationship in the world. With frequent access to high-level officials from both the US and Chinese governments, plus the most influential network of senior executives from the business community, the Chamber is currently undergoing an exciting transformation of its own, making sizeable investments in new technologies in a bid to enhance our impact long into the future. Representative of its membership, staff are a vibrant mix of international and local employees, and the Chamber’s unique culture encourages initiative, innovation, and inclusiveness. Join this important organization and help shape the future direction of the global economy!
Each member of the Forum and Committee support team has a designated portfolio of industry and issue based forums and committees, and serves as a key point of contact to engage with industries, interest groups, individual member companies and executives on the following key responsibilities:
• Developing industry advocacy agenda together with leadership and key members of each forum or committee, and following up with engagement with key U.S. and Chinese government and industrial stakeholders to produce policy and regulatory progress beneficial for U.S. companies’ competitive position in China;
• Monitoring key policy, regulatory, business and technological developments corresponding to each forum or committee, and accordingly creating event programs with thought leaders to keep sustained dialogues as a key AmCham China service;
• Organizing key companies within each forum and committee to participate in promotional events around China to strengthen market access and business development under AmCham China’s brand;
• Creating networking gatherings that would strengthen membership loyalty and togetherness as a professional community;
• Working with each other within the Member Operations team and with colleagues from other team to ensure meaningful participation by members in AmCham China’s advocacy initiatives, thought leadership, corporate and social events, and marketing and communications activities.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, each Forum and Committee Coordinator is expected to demonstrate strong organizational and managerial skills to:
• Manage membership database corresponding to the designated forum or committee;
• Maintain productive engagement and relationship with key member companies and individual members;
• Be able learn and understand key subject matter and operational knowledge;
• Be able to leverage skills, expertise, resources and support from different teams to deliver successful execution of F&C programs.
Our Forum and Committee support staff are amongst those growing the fastest across the whole AmCham China organization, and are put on a three-phase development path with clear development indicators of business and soft skill goals and performance evaluation, and are often successful to make connections to their next step corporate career in specific industries and functional fields, especially in the fields of government and corporate affairs, marketing and strategy, and public relations and corporate communications.
• Prior subject matter knowledge on specific industries is not a must but a plus;
• Strong sense of organizational behavior and processes, excellent team and people skills to be able to manage KPI delivery through working with multiple internal and external stakeholders;
• Detail oriented, initiative, able to work independently;
• Capable of communicating (written and verbal) effectively in both English and Chinese, and excellent in management reporting tools;
• Ability to show the right judgement on problems, demonstrate superb ability of prioritization while multitasking;
• Strong sense of community and be able to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to support others.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com