Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China (AmCham China) sits at the front lines of the largest and most important bilateral economic relationship in the world. With frequent access to high-level officials from both the US and Chinese governments, plus the most influential network of senior executives from the business community, the Chamber is currently undergoing an exciting transformation of its own, making sizeable investments in new technologies in a bid to enhance our impact long into the future. Representative of its membership, staff are a vibrant mix of international and local employees, and the Chamber’s unique culture encourages initiative, innovation, and inclusiveness. Join this important organization and help shape the future direction of the global economy!
Manage chamber relations with key Chinese government stakeholders at both the central and local levels and actively seek to understand and communicate the key concerns of member companies. Monitor relevant policy developments and provide timely updates to the team and/or members. Support key GA-related events/products, including the annual Appreciation Dinner, White Paper and Business Climate Survey, in addition to organizing other policy and GA-related events throughout the year.
Duties and responsibilities
- Proactively support the chamber’s overall government outreach and advocacy efforts, developing strong relationships with assigned ministries/organizations and actively seeking opportunities to engage on behalf of member company interests.
- Organize meetings with government agencies at both the senior (including annual White Paper delivery meetings), working, and provincial levels
- Support the planning and execution of the Annual Appreciation Dinner
- Support the drafting and reviewing process of GAP-led advocacy products, including the annual White Paper, Business Climate Survey and other surveys
- Support efforts to conduct specific policy-focused analysis, perspectives and reports, including regulatory submissions to the government
- Track, research, and analyze Chinese regulatory and legislative changes and regularly contribute insights within AmCham’s customer relations management-platform (CRM)
- Lead the planning and execution of AmCham’s Business and Investment Outreach trips
- Plan and implement other events, meetings and projects, in close coordination with other members of the GAP and other teams
- Regularly engage with and provide timely policy support to members, government officials and AmCham staff
- Prepare and co-deliver briefings on behalf of AmCham China both for Chinese government and member and member audiences
- Support AmCham China chapters with government engagement, in coordination with the member operations team, as needed
- Support the Social Impact Initiative, Policy+, and other projects as needed
- Chinese national, preferably with previous experience working with Chinese Government agencies
- University degree, Master’s degree and at least 2 years post college relevant full-time employment highly preferred.
- Excellent Chinese and English writing skills; fluent in oral English
- Appreciation for quality and detail gained in a rigorous academic and work environment
- Critical thinker with strong analytic skills; able to derive conclusions from incomplete information
- Good understanding of Chinese government structure, in addition to Chinese economics, policy, and business issues and trends
- Ability to engage with senior corporate executives and US and Chinese government officials, including in situations requiring the ability to accept and provide frank feedback
- Ability to function in a diverse, multi-cultural organization with a high-performance culture
- Strong competence in MS Office and other programs, especially Word and PowerPoint; ability to learn and utilize AmCham-employed technological programs
- Willingness to commit to working in Beijing for a minimum of two years
- Passion for playing a role to strengthen US-China relations and support China’s continued reform and opening up
- Highly organized, self-starter with a natural ability to multi-task
- Strong time management skills; able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Dependable, flexible and service-oriented
- Team player
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com