Website GreenPoint Group
About GreenPoint Group
GreenPoint Group is a boutique U.S.-China strategic advisory firm with offices in Washington, D.C. and Beijing, China. GreenPoint serves as trusted, long-term advisor to executives of the world’s leading corporations and non-profit organizations. More information about the GreenPoint Group may be found at www.greenpoint-group.com.
- Position: Associate
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Term: Full-time
- Start Date: Immediate
GreenPoint partners with leading multinational companies to provide advisory, research, and execution support to client executives. The candidate will demonstrate excellence as an active member of GreenPoint client teams, preparing deliverables, completing research and analysis related to client objectives, and supporting GreenPoint’s President & CEO in client interactions. The candidate will engage directly with client executives. This is not an entry-level position. The candidate will also support the management and delivery of client-relevant research and market intelligence products, as well as operations including outreach, marketing, and event planning and logistics.
Responsibilities, Skills, and Experience
Primary responsibilities of the candidate include (but are not limited to) the following:
Client Service and Deliverable Support (approximately 40-50%)
- Serve on client service teams, engaging directly with clients.
- Develop client briefings, research memos, and presentations.
- Support GreenPoint’s President & CEO’s interactions with clients.
- Team orientation; highly collaborative.
- Bias towards action, high level of organization, and speed in responsiveness.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and serving corporate interests as they relate to contemporary Chinese realities and U.S.-China relations.
Research and Market Intelligence (approximately 40-50%)
- Conduct open source research using English and Chinese language sources.
- Track and analyze policy issues, commercial topics, and client company news.
- Develop briefings, research notes, and presentations.
- Demonstrated analytical and English writing excellence.
- Strong research capabilities generally; ability to efficiently use English and Chinese language sources.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage research and writing processes.
Operations (approximately 10-20%)
- Marketing and Special Events: Support GreenPoint marketing initiatives including web-based outreach videoconferences, website updates, event planning, and other activities.
- Support GreenPoint’s President & CEO: Provide personal assistance to the President & CEO related to outreach, client service, and relationship management.
- Strong work ethic, dependability, and personal time/project management skills.
- Superior organizational and execution skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Tact, maturity, and diplomacy in communication with senior-level leaders in business, government, and academia.
- Very strong computer skills and technology literacy.
We seek candidates who have:
- Personal qualities of humility, team orientation, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated excellence working directly with and providing support to corporate executives.
- Exceptional competencies in cross-cultural communications.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, close-knit work culture.
- Proficient English and Chinese language skills – including reading at a professional level.
- A minimum of three years full-time, relevant work experience.
- Ideally, a Master’s degree in a China-related field of study.
Hybrid work model, combining work in D.C. office and home office.
Competitive and commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. Benefits provided. Will consider relocation support for an exceptional candidate currently residing outside of the D.C. area.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who have distinctive experience and passion for our work – but whose backgrounds differ from this profile – are also encouraged to contact us.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com