Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China (AmCham China) sits at the front lines of the largest and most important bilateral economic relationship in the world. With frequent access to high-level officials from both the US and Chinese governments, plus the most influential network of senior executives from the business community, the Chamber is currently undergoing an exciting transformation of its own, making sizeable investments in new technologies in a bid to enhance our impact long into the future. Representative of its membership, staff are a vibrant mix of international and local employees, and the Chamber’s unique culture encourages initiative, innovation, and inclusiveness. Join this important organization and help shape the future direction of the global economy!
The Marketing Manager is responsible for comprehensively promoting the Chamber’s full ranges of products and services, from membership at all levels, to premium services, Chamber events, and more. This requires a well-planned, cohesive marketing strategy that is executed across the full range of available channels, using data to measure set goals and adjust strategies accordingly.
Working Location and Hours
Beijing, 9:00-17:30, Monday-Friday
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and executes a holistic and comprehensive overall marketing strategy that helps the Chamber meet its sales objectives. Develops and maintains a marketing plan with measurable goals for all Chamber programs, activities, and events.
- Managing all marketing for the Chamber by designing and executing comprehensive marketing campaigns to promote membership, premium services, events, and more, using an omnichannel approach.
- Producing content, either written or visual in nature, to help promote and market the Chamber. Works alone or with designers to produce suitable collateral. Building brand and product awareness through e-mail campaigns, website channels, newsletters, and advertisements, creatively using small budget to maximum effect.
- Uses data from surveys and other metrics, and conducts research to evaluate market demand, establish strategies, identify suitable target audiences, and determine the best ways to reach those audiences.
- Leverages the Chamber’s CRM database and membership data, including yearly tracking & retention statistics, and analysis of trends to further refine marketing strategies and effectiveness of campaigns, working closely with colleagues across the Chamber.
- Prepares informed interactions with current and prospective clients by researching the latest company specific and industry issues in the Dynamics CRM.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant qualifications in marketing, business administration, or related fields.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in marketing roles, some of which has been in a managerial capacity.
- The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Goal oriented, flexible, and creative under pressure, the candidate must have a proven ability to multi-task, with solid organization and planning skills.
- Strong knowledge of current marketing trends and multimedia platforms is essential.
- The candidate should have strong attention to detail, be flexible, have good leadership skills, and be a team player, whether interacting with other colleagues across departments or with external stakeholders.
- The candidate should also have excellent Internet and computer skills.
- Experience with budgets and advertising is an advantage.
To apply for this position, please send a current CV and cover letter to Maggie Huang, Senior Director of HR and Operations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com