Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China (AmCham China) sits at the front lines of the largest and most important bilateral economic relationship in the world. With frequent access to high-level officials from both the US and Chinese governments, plus the most influential network of senior executives from the business community, the Chamber is currently undergoing an exciting transformation of its own, making sizeable investments in new technologies in a bid to enhance our impact long into the future. Representative of its membership, staff are a vibrant mix of international and local employees, and the Chamber’s unique culture encourages initiative, innovation, and inclusiveness. Join this important organization and help shape the future direction of the global economy!
One of the Member Operation team’s key responsibilities is to operate AmCham China’s industry / issue-based Forums and Committees – our member-driven working groups that serves as the life blood of the Chamber’s policy and regulatory advocacy (A), business insights sharing (B) and professional community development activities (C). Many of these A, B and C activities are delivered through our content-rich speaker programs and topic-based seminars, which offer students intimate opportunities to interact with and learn from industry experts and business practitioners first-hand information on U.S.-China trade, market access, policy, regulatory and technology development issues across many different industries.
Member Operation team is also responsible for a set of business development opportunities at AmCham China, including providing exclusive sponsorship products and promotional services for our membership. These services are provided in collaboration with our Marketing & Communications team, and are critical to the success of our year-around signature programs and print and digital publications.
As the largest hub of member services and engagement, our past interns enjoyed the opportunities working on a variety of programs and services through very close collaboration with both members and other teams within the organization. In addition to subject matter knowledge, these have became important pathways to develop professional skills including stakeholder management, resource sharing, driving a project from scratch to success, marketing, business development, and others.
The Member Operations team is looking for a fluent Chinese-speaking intern who is also comfortable working in English. We are looking for individuals who can:
- Conduct market and industry research in order to produce topics and content for our advocacy, industry and community programs, and assist the implementation of events;
- Provide on-site support for regular and signature programs ranging from small executive breakfast events, to larger 200+ attendee signature events;
- Develop research report and publications harnessing policy and industry insights from our programs to be published on our website, weekly e-newsletter, and quarterly magazine which is viewed by over 3,000 individuals across over 900-member companies – many of which are amongst the Fortune 500 category and emerging tech start-ups;
- Perform project management tasks including member segmentation, executive invitation, event marketing promotion, post-event financial tracking, etc.;
- Support Member Operations staff team on projects as needed.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a university program.
- Expat candidates must be X1 or X2 visa holders.
- Interns must commit to a minimum internship period of three months working three days a week (days can be broken into morning/evening to accommodate schedules).
- 1-page cover letter in English detailing candidate’s interest and qualifications for internship with AmCham China, attached in PDF format.
- 1-page resume in English, in PDF format.
- Send to email with attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 请将所需申请材料发送至 email@example.com
In the body of the email, please include the following:
- Available start and finish dates and preference for full time or part time
- Current status: location (city/country), citizenship, and visa status with regards to China (i.e. Chinese citizen currently studying abroad, Chinese student, American in Beijing on an X visa).
- Contact information.
Culture & Benefits
- Numerous opportunities to expand your network in events with top-level corporate individuals in sectors or industries that intern is interested in.
- Connect with individuals from around the world through attendance of events and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Learn more about American companies’ operations in China.
- Gain professional experience working in a bilingual, friendly, collaborate office environment.
- Develop administrative skills and learn how to develop and deliver programming from start to finish.
- Stay in the loop regarding important current affairs issues such as the latest trade dispute between the US and China.
- Gain introductory financial skills.
- Reference letters from team staff for next-step applications.
- Internship allowance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org