Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization representing nearly 1,000 U.S. companies operating across China, including most of the Fortune 500. The Chamber’s nationwide mission is to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, insights, relationships, and business support services. With offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Dalian, Shenyang, and Wuhan. AmCham China has 25 Working Groups and holds more than 300 events per year.
Position: Membership and Member Service Executive
Work Location: Dalian
Report to: Northeast Chapter Manager
As a team with the widest geographical coverage, our team members enjoyed the opportunities working on a variety of programs and services through very close collaboration with both members and other teams within the organization across our four office locations. In addition to subject matter knowledge, these have become important pathways to develop professional skills including stakeholder management, resource sharing, driving a project from scratch to success, marketing, business development, and others.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Northeast Chapter Manager, the Membership and Member Service Executive is responsible for recruiting new members, maintaining existing members, running a designated set of membership services suitable for the Chapter’s membership profile and business priorities. This role is responsible for maintaining local government relations and marketing Northeast Chapters’ events and programs through online and offline channels. The Business Development Executive is also responsible for the logistics of regular events and support the Chapter Manager with signature events.
(30%) Membership development and operations
• Execute membership development through market research, sales and marketing activities;
• Manage membership renewal processes and database, and provide adequate reporting;
• Support with membership development activities such as: membership promotion, member referrals, Chapter Member Discount Program, annual BCS and member jobs’ posting
• Maintain member relations, including handling inquiries and processing specific member requests;
• Manage Chapter membership and CRM database;
(30%) Events, committees and member services
• Lead the planning, development and execution of 2-3 Chapter-based Committees’ advocacy activities and programs; work closely with the other Chapters and Beijing Member Service team to create a two-way street advocacy and program support;
• Support Chapter Manager to implement successful signature programs to meet the Chapter’s government relations, member and community engagement, and financial goals;
• Support Chapter Manager with sponsorship packages design and promotion;
• Pre events contract signing and payment applications
• Finish post event tracking , financing and fapiao application for regular events.
(35%) Chinese government relations and marketing
• Develop and maintain relationship with Dalian, Shenyang and Liaoning Provincial government, establish a good communication mechanism to support members’ needs.
• Support Chapter Manager with gov. meeting materials preparations, meeting arrangements and notes taking.
• Manage the Northeast Chapter official Wechat account and edit the weekly posts.
(5%) Daily admin work
The basic skills and characters expected for this position includes:• Detail oriented, initiative, able to work independently;
• Capable of communicating (written and verbal) effectively in both English and Chinese, and excellent in management reporting tools;
• Ability to show the right judgement on problems, demonstrate superb ability of prioritization while multitasking;
• Strong sense of community and be able to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to support others;
• Do the right thing, possess good judgement, and demonstrate growth potential.
On top of those, Membership and Member Service Executive provides critical support to Chapter Managers in running the Chapter membership infrastructure, executing standardized and consistent AmCham China operations across our national coverage, and in localizing resources, support and best practices of the larger AmCham China operations. Unlike those teams in Beijing, where there are multiple teams with clear division of responsibilities, our Chapter Membership and Member Service Executive are expected have integrated skills to support their respective Chapter’s operations, including:
• Minimum three to five years of work experience in at least one or more areas of project management, public relations and corporate affairs, marketing, event, media, marketing and business development; • Independent ability to execute and create projects that deliver expected Chapter-specific and AmCham China overall organizational outcomes;
• Understand existing and potential membership and clientele pertaining to the local markets, and be able to develop business, and master the database using our various IT and other organizational infrastructures;
• Maintain consistent processes, productive engagement and result-focused relationship with key internal and external stakeholders in both public and private sectors;
• Learn and understand key subject matter and business knowledge;
• Prior subject matter knowledge on specific industries is not a must but a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org