Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization representing nearly 1,000 U.S. companies operating across China, including most of the Fortune 500. The Chamber’s nationwide mission is to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, insights, relationships, and business support services. With offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Dalian, Shenyang, and Wuhan. AmCham China has 25 Working Groups and holds more than 300 events per year.
Position: Public Relations & Digital Marketing Associate
Team: Marketing & Communications
Report to: Marketing & Communications Director
The Public Relations & Digital Content Associate is responsible for handling media enquiries, coordinating media-related events, executing promotional projects and generating Chinese-language content, primarily for the Chamber’s social media accounts.
With frequent dealings and close collaboration with top-tier international and domestic media, such as The New York Times, Bloomberg, CCTV, and many more, this role is a chance to craft the Chamber’s public messaging for a truly global audience and hone your PR and media skills at the highest level. The Chamber’s growing digital media channels allow for plenty of ways to disseminate our messages, and promote our events and services, and you will have a central role in these critical tasks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- (30%) Produces Chinese-language content for the Chamber’s social media accounts and executes the Chamber’s social media outreach. Plans, schedules, delivers, and reviews social media marketing campaigns for AmCham China’s WeChat and Weibo official accounts. Reports on social media usage and analyzes relevant data, comparing to industry standards.
- (25%) Reactively handles inquiries from domestic and international media. Proactively coordinates press conferences and interviews for the Chamber’s spokespeople and distributes statements.
- (20%) Oversees development and posting of AmCham China website content in both languages, including event notices, news reports, sponsorship information, members-only content, photos, multi-media assets and other content.
- (15%) Contributes to AmCham China’s online marketing strategies. Strategizes and coordinates digital marketing communications and campaigns across all relevant channels. Manages email lists and distribution. Builds and deploys email marketing campaigns, including layouts and templates, and supports email content process, using analytics/performance tracking.
- (10%) Executes projects to promote the Chamber’s products and events. Liaises with other Chamber departments, including regional chapters, to communicate Chamber information and news to members.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant qualifications in communications, marketing, or related fields.
- At least one year of media relations experience, including media events.
- The position requires excellent English and Chinese skills, both written and spoken, and the candidate must be comfortable dealing with stakeholders in both languages.
- Strong communication skills are essential, as is familiarity with best practices for social media and email campaign strategy.
- The candidate should have a high-level of accuracy and attention to detail, must show initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility, and resourcefulness, and have the capacity to think creatively.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines are necessary, and the candidate should be a good team player.
- Knowledge of current affairs and business issues is an advantage, as is experience with email campaign strategy.
To apply for this position, please send a current CV and cover letter, including the job title in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com