Website Western Academy of Beijing
The Western Academy of Beijing (WAB) is a leading international IB World school located in the cultural capital of one of the world's oldest and most dynamic cultures, China. Founded in 1994, the school prides itself on its world-class facilities, highly qualified teachers, global curriculum, warm and supportive environment, and service-oriented culture. We provide a learner-centered atmosphere that nurtures a strong sense of community among our 1,400 students with the mission to “Connect, Inspire, Challenge: Make a Difference.”
Position: Data Reporting Analyst
Reports to: IT Manager
The Data Reporting Analyst collaborates with multiple stakeholders to administer, develop, and improve internal business data flow and external data reporting to authorities. The key outcome of the role is to increase efficiency of data reporting processes necessary for compliance of WABs business systems.
The Data Reporting Analyst, in close collaboration with the IT Manager, Head of EdTech and IT, and systems administrators will:
- Create and share data reports with a high degree of accuracy to accrediting agencies.
- Develop and document shared data sources (spreadsheets, forms, surveys etc.) and repeatable processes to collect, analyze and share data.
- Develop systems of automation where possible.
- Seek new areas to achieve compliance where appropriate.
- Provide both quantitative and qualitative data analysis upon request from school leaders.
- Develop and maintain positive, efficient, and effective communication and relationships with all stakeholders and provide effective training as needed.
- Implement and promote best practices in data privacy and security for WAB’s business processes.
- Develop and maintain critical documentation on digital business processes involving data collection, processing and reporting.
- Examine business data flow and work with stakeholders and IT Team to improve efficiencies.
Knowledge, Experience, and Attributes
- Relevant certifications or experience in managing information systems.
- Strong personal responsibilities and team work spirit.
- An understanding of educational institutions highly desirable.
- Ability to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft 365, especially Excel skills such as lookups, pivot tables, advanced conditional formatting, macros, VBA.
- Power Apps, Power Automate a plus.
- Experience developing custom reports.
- Experience with Python a plus.
- Functional in the English language.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.wab.edu.