Nearly 40 members and friends gathered at the Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin on May 19 to listen to Michael Hart, Managing Director for Jones Lang LaSalle in Tianjin, give his top-10 trends in the Tianjin property market over the past 10 years. These include new geographic areas that are being developed, new types of real estate that have expanded and the growth of specific industrial sectors that have helped drive Tianjin's real estate market and the Tianjin economy as a whole.
“The service sector has grown in importance and now accounts for more than 50 percent of GDP, but the additional investment in manufacturing means that Tianjin's manufacturing sector will continue to be a major anchor for the economy.”
Michael Hart's Top 10 Trends for Tianjin Property in the last 10 Years:
1. Substantial population and GDP growth
2. Tianjin embraces super-tall buildings
3. The rise of the “building economy” 楼宇经济
4. Emergence of new geographic centers
5. Retail and services sector development
6. Leisure and tourism become a new theme
7. Tianjin investments heavily in infrastructure
8. Tianjin becomes a modern logistics hub
9. Building out Binhai
10. Manufacturing Plus
The Monthly Executive Breakfast is a signature event of AmCham China Tianjin Chapter, providing members an excellent opportunity to meet Tianjin’s Executive Committee members and top business leaders. The next one will take place June 16, 2016.