The Board of Governors plays a critical role in driving strategic development of the American Chamber of Commerce in China and represents AmCham China in important advocacy, business, and community activities, especially with regard to AmCham China’s government and industry counterparts. This is particularly true when member of our Board of Governors represent AmCham China and our membership in dialogues and engagements with their public and private sector counterparts in both China and the US during the two-year-old US-China trade tensions and continued bilateral relations challenges.
We hereby call on all Members who would like to serve the community in this way to seriously consider joining the leadership group of one of the largest foreign Chambers of Commerce in China. Submit your nominations to run for the 2021 AmCham China Board of Governors, following the instructions below.
Seven seats of the Board will be open in this election
Per the staggered membership of the AmCham China Board of Governors, the following seven incumbents will continue to serve on the 2021 Board: Alain Benichou (IBM), Alain Crozier (Microsoft), Qin Min (Mars), Fernando Vallina (ExxonMobil), Brent Young (Intel), William Zarit (The Cohen Group), Jim Cooper (PRI Management Consulting).
They will be joined by the seven candidates who receive the highest number of votes in this year's Election, all of whom will serve a two-year term (2021-22).
Once the 2021 Board-elect is confirmed, they will elect the chair and two vice chairs for 2021.
A complete nomination requires:
- A nomination form (click here to download) filled out with the signatures of two primary members, i.e. voting members. Self-nomination is allowed as long as it is seconded by a separate primary member. Primary members can nominate more than one candidate. Nominations will be reviewed and validated by the Election Committee before candidacies become official;
- Candidates who are not the primary member of your companies or organizations may run, but must become the primary member before January 1, 2021, if elected. The current primary member, if different from the candidate, must co-sign the nomination form to complete the nomination;
- An official biography with a high-resolution corporate head shot;
- A campaign statement that tells the membership about your candidate story and your envisioned commitment to AmCham China;
- All materials must be submitted in English.
The deadline for nominations is 5:00 PM, Friday, October 30, 2020. In addition, please keep in mind of the key dates below:
If you have a question about becoming or nominating a candidate for the AmCham China Board of Governors, please send an email to email@example.com.
AmCham China 2020 Board of Governors Election Committee