The Board of Governors plays a critical role in driving strategic development of the American Chamber of Commerce in China and represents AmCham China in important advocacy, business, and community activities, especially with regard to AmCham China’s government and industry counterparts. This is particularly true when members of our Board of Governors represent AmCham China and our membership in dialogues and engagements with their public and private sector counterparts in both China and the US during continued challenges to the bilateral relationship.
Per the staggered membership of the AmCham China Board of Governors, seven seats of the Board will be open in this election, with each successful candidate receiving a two-year term on the Board.
- A nomination form (click here to download) filled out with the signatures of two primary members, i.e. voting members. Self-nomination is allowed as long as it is seconded by a separate primary member. Primary members can nominate more than one candidate. Nominations will be reviewed and validated by the Election Committee before candidacies become official.
- Candidates who are not the primary member of their companies or organizations may run, but must become the primary member (as registered with AmCham China) before January 1, 2023, if elected. The current primary member, if different from the candidate, must co-sign the nomination form to complete the nomination.
- An official biography with a high-resolution corporate head shot.
- A campaign statement to the membership about your candidate story and your envisioned commitment to AmCham China.
- All materials must be submitted in English.