Take this important step towards becoming a future leader of
the US-China business community!
We are excited to announce that the application period for the 2024 AmCham China Leadership Development Program (LDP) is now open!
The AmCham China Leadership Development Program (LDP) was launched in 2017 to build an ever-expanding group of leaders capable of carrying the AmCham China community forward. Our mission is to nurture future leaders by encouraging them to engage with members of the AmCham China community and the US-China relationship. The eight-month program selects qualified China-based applicants of all nationalities working in different companies, industries, and with varying experience levels. The program is designed to train professionals to become future leaders of the US-China business community and enhance the leadership skills of program participants.
About the Program
The AmCham China Leadership Development Program is a highly selective, 8-month program developed by the American Chamber of Commerce in China that aims to prepare the future generation of leaders who will help the US-China relationship flourish. Each year, the Board of Governors at AmCham China intends to select 30 to 35 of the best-suited candidates to participate in the program.
Candidates of the AmCham China Leadership Development Program will gain full exposure to the US-China business community. Each month there will be one three-hour session covering topics such as multicultural leadership, government relations in China, innovation leadership, US Embassy commercial operations, etc. Successful candidates will be awarded an “AmCham China Leadership Development Program” certificate of completion at AmCham China’s Annual General Meeting in November 2024.
“LDP is a valuable program providing a great mix of international leadership theory, practice, and exposure. Through the program, I gained more knowledge about US-China government relations, networking with like-minded young professionals, learning from C-level executives from leading MNCs and receiving practical leadership training.”
– Lan Wang, Marketing Head of Landing Med, 2023 LDP Fellow
“For me, LDP was a wonderful journey where I met likeminded professionals. I am thankful that the mentors and colleagues have been supportive of each other, learning from each other and encouraging each other. Thanks to AmCham for making US grow together as the next generation leaders for US and China relationship.”
– Jack Ding, Partner of Duan & Duan Law Firm, 2023 LDP Fellow
“More than a single program, LDP is a platform full of opportunity, challenge, creativity, and life wealth to cohorts. If you have a talented employee with potential, send him/her to LDP; it will exceed your expectations.”
–Lin Yu, Assistant President, Permco, 2023 LDP Fellow
“Joining the LDP program was one of the most remarkable experiences for me in 2022. I was deeply impressed by the number of speakers that LDP has invited for speeches – most of whom served as senior leadership team members in various industries and shared their life experiences that could not have been heard elsewhere. Besides, it was also encouraging to meet so many inspired young professionals. A sincere thank you to everyone who put this program together!”
– Kara Ma, Chief Operation Officer, Beijing BISS International School, 2022 LDP Fellow
Who is eligible to apply?
- AmCham China member or employee of a member company
- Aspiring leader aged between 28 and 40
- Lived in China for a minimum of two years
- Have an interest in furthering your knowledge about US-China relations and community leadership
- Committed to attending all program sessions (two excused absences allowed)
Six Reasons to Apply
- Develop deep relationships with a network of aspiring leaders in China
- Collaborate with AmCham’s top community leaders and organizations
- Gain valuable insight and expertise from leaders of the U.S.-China business community
- Opportunities to develop leadership soft skills, such as communication, motivation, public speaking, problem-solving, etc.
- Gain a deeper understanding of vital topics that distinguish you from the competition
- Benefit from cross-industry learning and cross-industry network
The program requires attendance of one three-hour session per month starting in March and ending in November. Networking opportunities are incorporated through social dinners and activities. Program sessions are led by senior leaders and industry experts of the AmCham community. Sample topics covered are (NOTE: These are just sample topics for the 2024 LDP curriculum; the final topics will be confirmed after the 2024 LDP cohort is selected.):
Program Kick-off / Session 1: Program Kick-off and Introduction to AmCham China
Session 2: Inclusive Leadership Workshop
Session 3: The Leadership Journey
Session 4: Tech CEOs Session-Competing in the Age of AI
Session 5: Coaching Mindset Workshop/Team Coaching Workshop/Story-telling Workshop (Topic will be selected by the 2024 cohort through a pre-program survey)
Alumni Networking Event (Optional)
Session 6: HR CEOs Session – Managing and Developing Talent
Session 7: US-China Relations
Peer Mentor Event (Optional)
Session 8: Understanding AmCham US-China Embassy Relations
Graduation Celebration at the 2024 Annual General Meeting (Optional)
Participants are expected to attend all sessions in person or online. Program participants must attend six out of eight sessions to graduate.
Past Speakers from 2022 and 2023
Meet the 2023 LDP Cohort
for AmCham China members or employees of member companies
RMB 7,500 for non-members
*Participants are encouraged to seek corporate sponsorship
How to Apply
- An online form must be completed for the application to be considered.
- To prepare for the application process, you can download this Application Copy here. This Application Copy will not be accepted as an application submission. You must fill out the online form.
- Submit a short bio (English), CV, and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “AmCham Leadership Development Program”. This is required for your application to be considered complete.
Application deadline is 5pm Thursday, February 29, 2024
Successful applicants will be notified no later than March 15, 2024
*Online form must be completed for the application to be considered.
Contact Nan Zhang at email@example.com if you have further questions.