Website Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG)
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is a Washington, DC-based global strategy firm that helps clients navigate the intersection between business, finance, government, and civil society in markets around the world. ASG works with businesses, associations, and non-profits to help them assess and manage risk, seize opportunities, and solve commercial, political, and regulatory challenges in global markets. The firm also provides clients strategic advice, transaction support, crisis management, planning for corporate responsibility and citizenship, and analysis of privatization opportunities.
The Beijing office is critical to executing ASG’s strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy operations within China, and hence this role is foundational for ensuring success for our clients in the China market.
In this role you will collaborate with our team of first-class professionals in corporate reputation and communications, stakeholder outreach, and political risk. Your work will span multiple sectors and all areas of client interest, to provide world-class deliverables for our clients.
The primary role of this position is to support ASG staff in conducting research, analysis, drafting, and editing of client-related products, with a secondary role of supporting client work as needed. In this position, you will be involved in a range of business-critical and time-sensitive projects, so the ideal applicant must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail and meticulous execution.
- Produce high-quality and innovative research tailored to the needs of clients, drawing on both English and Chinese language sources
- Develop high-level drafts in a range of formats including country reports, briefing memos, client presentations, stakeholder maps, letters, and other client-related deliverables
- Edit and finalize drafts in coordination with colleagues for delivery to clients
- Engage in real-time policy monitoring to understand key political, economic, and business issues in China, the US, and other regions of interest to clients
- Work with the team to develop thoughtful and compelling narratives to elucidate and articulate key messages
- Assist in identifying or coordinating business opportunities, developing strong relationships in the local business community
- Support other ASG client work as needed
The ideal candidate will possess advanced bilingual (English and Chinese) skills in research, writing, and speaking, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with a meticulous eye for detail. The following qualifications are essential:
- Native English speaking, reading, and writing ability
- Chinese reading and speaking ability
- BA in political science, international relations, or a business-related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years’ relevant work experience for Associate and four years for Analyst
- Ability to conduct thorough and broad-based research on a range of sectors and issues through both Chinese and foreign channels
- Familiarity with China’s government policy environment, in particular the economic, political, and commercial policy-making process
- Ability to thrive under pressure, coordinate and set priorities between multiple ongoing projects, and adapt to a dynamic environment
- A team player with unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite
Not required but a strong plus:
- Advanced Chinese reading and speaking ability
- Research degree in the above mentioned fields
- Extensive knowledge of recent and historic political, economic, and commercial issues
- Mature business network within China
Albright Stonebridge Group, part of Dentons Global Advisors, is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries.
To apply for this position: Please send a résumé, cover letter, and writing sample to Ms. Shen Nan, Executive Manager, ASG China
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org