Website Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG)
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is a Washington, DC-based global strategy firm that helps clients navigate the intersection between business, finance, government, and civil society in markets around the world. ASG works with businesses, associations, and non-profits to help them assess and manage risk, seize opportunities, and solve commercial, political, and regulatory challenges in global markets. The firm also provides clients strategic advice, transaction support, crisis management, planning for corporate responsibility and citizenship, and analysis of privatization opportunities.
- Position: Director
We are seeking a Beijing-based Director. This person will play a key role in supporting the ASG China practice, a dynamic and growing team of first-class professionals based in China (Beijing and Shanghai) and Washington, DC.
The ideal candidate for the position will possess outstanding client service capabilities, strong business development skills, great team spirit, and native or near-native research and communications capabilities in both English and Chinese. The ideal candidate is required to have experience and knowledge of economic, political, commercial and policy issues in China. Prior experience in the Chinese government or trade associations will be valued highly. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the capability to think strategically, find solutions to challenging issues, and identify and develop new opportunities.
- Major Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing team members to collaboratively develop strategies and government relations plans for clients across a wide range of industries
- Work with the team or independently to develop case-by-case plans and solutions which help clients achieve market entry objectives and business expansion goals, and resolve policy, regulatory, and other obstacles
- Assist clients with identifying and liaising with stakeholders, building relationships, and establishing partnerships with key government and non-government stakeholders, including central and local government agencies, industry associations, academic and research institutions, NGOs, and business organizations
- Provide coordination and support for organizing client trips and projects, securing meetings, and developing client briefings and trip reports
- Conduct research and analysis independently to meet client needs, and provide insights and analysis on China’s general political and economic issues, industrial regulations and market trends, and specific policy and regulatory issues
- • Develop drafts of country reports, briefing memos, client presentations, stakeholder maps and other client-related deliverables in accordance with ASG best practices
- Key Qualifications:
- BA in political science, international relations, business, or related field from a reputable university, with an MA in these fields an advantage
- Minimum five years of relevant working experience in areas of public policy and government relations; prior work experience in government or trade associations is a strong plus
- A strong working knowledge of China’s government, and its policy and regulatory environment
- Native or near-native oral and written research and communication skills in both Chinese and English, including ability to speak and write fluently on a variety of complex commercial, policy, and political topics
- Superior strategic thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work independently and be a good team leader who emphasizes collegiality and can support staff to grow professionally
- Ability to work under tremendous pressure, successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously, and adapt to a quickly changing environment
- Above all, unquestionable ethics and integrity
To apply for this position: Please send a résumé and cover letter to Ms. Shen Nan, Executive Manager, ASG China, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com