Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China (AmCham China) sits at the front lines of the largest and most important bilateral economic relationship in the world. With frequent access to high-level officials from both the US and Chinese governments, plus the most influential network of senior executives from the business community, the Chamber is currently undergoing an exciting transformation of its own, making sizeable investments in new technologies in a bid to enhance our impact long into the future. Representative of its membership, staff are a vibrant mix of international and local employees, and the Chamber’s unique culture encourages initiative, innovation, and inclusiveness. Join this important organization and help shape the future direction of the global economy!
Scope of internship:
Applied data science for business, helping ingest, transform, and analyze chamber engagement data and market data from some of the world’s largest and most successful companies across 60 industries.
Working time and location:
- Monday – Friday, Beijing Sanlitun.
- The internship lasts 3 months at a minimum.
- The intern will spend at least three days a week in the office.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Industry analysis – apply data analytics to industry verticals to distill insights and create dynamic embedded visualizations that support the chamber’s advocacy, publications, events and member recruitment efforts.
- Data Engineering – ingest and analyze large data sets from public data sources and information provided by industry partners and implements new ways to connect and standardize data under AmCham China’s current data architecture.
- Business analytics reporting – support creation of visualization dashboards for departmental reporting and KPIs.
- Data management lifecycle – Support further development of data management lifecycle including intake, cleaning, feature engineering, insight, and visualization.
- Bachelor degree or four year degree in Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Success independently developing projects using Python, (Tensor Flow, Scikit, Pandas, Scipy etc.), Julia, and or R.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365, Power Platform, and willingness to learn Dynamics 365.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Preferred currently completing Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or MBA in Data Analytics.
- Expat candidates must be X1 or X2 visa holders.
Regular hours physically in the AmCham China office (pending state of COVID-19 restrictions and school guidance on external internships), or ability to work remotely via Microsoft Teams.
- 1 page cover letter in English detailing candidate’s interest and qualifications for AmCham China internship, attached in .pdf format.
- 1 page resume in English, in .pdf format.
Notice: In the body of the email, please include the following:
- Available start and finish dates and preference for full time or part-time;
- Current status: location (city/country), citizenship, and visa status with regards to China (i.e. Chinese citizen currently studying abroad, Chinese student, American in Beijing on an X visa);
- Contact information;
- Department preferences: Candidates should submit their application only once, but state if they want to be considered by multiple departments.
About AmCham China
For over 100 years, the American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China (AmCham China) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose membership comprises 4,000 individuals from 900 companies operating across China.
The Chamber’s nationwide mission is to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, information, networking, and business support services. In addition to our headquarters in Beijing, AmCham China serves Tianjin, Central China, and Northeast China through our Chapters in Tianjin, Dalian, Shenyang, and Wuhan. Across the five offices, AmCham China has more than 30 working groups, and holds more than 150 events each year.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com