Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China (AmCham China) sits at the front lines of the largest and most important bilateral economic relationship in the world. With frequent access to high-level officials from both the US and Chinese governments, plus the most influential network of senior executives from the business community, the Chamber is currently undergoing an exciting transformation of its own, making sizeable investments in new technologies in a bid to enhance our impact long into the future. Representative of its membership, staff are a vibrant mix of international and local employees, and the Chamber’s unique culture encourages initiative, innovation, and inclusiveness. Join this important organization and help shape the future direction of the global economy!
Internship title: Data Analytics, Visualization and Business Intelligence Intern
Reports to: Senior Manager of Digital Technologies and Analytics Department
Scope of internship
Applied data science for business, helping ingest, transform, and analyze chamber engagement data and market data from some of the world’s largest and most successful companies across 60 industries.
Working time and location
Monday- Friday, Beijing Sanlitun and or remote via Microsoft Teams
Duties and responsibilities
- Industry analysis – apply data analytics to industry verticals to distill insights and create dynamic embedded visualizations that support the chamber’s advocacy, publications, events and member recruitment efforts.
- Data Engineering – ingest and analyze large data sets from public data sources and information provided by industry partners and implements new ways to connect and standardize data under AmCham China’s current data architecture.
- Business analytics reporting – support creation of visualization dashboards for departmental reporting and
- Data management lifecycle – Support further development of data management lifecycle including intake, cleaning, feature engineering, insight, and visualization.
- Bachelor degree or four year degree in Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Success independently developing projects using Python, (Tensor Flow, Scikit, Pandas, Scipy etc.), Julia, and or R.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365, Power Platform, and willingness to learn Dynamics 365.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Preferred currently completing Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or MBA in Data Analytics.
- Regular hours physically in the AmCham China office (pending state of COVID-19 restrictions and school guidance on external internships), or ability to work remotely via Microsoft Teams.
• 1 page cover letter in English detailing candidate’s interest and qualifications for the AmCham China internship, attached in .pdf format
• 1 page resume in English, in .pdf format
• In the body of the email, please include the following:
• Available dates and preference for a full time or part time position
• Department preferences: Candidates should submit their application only once, but state if they want to also be considered for positions in other AmCham China departments
• Current status: location (city/country), citizenship, and visa status with regards to China (e.g., Chinese citizen currently studying abroad, Chinese student, American in Beijing on an X visa)
• Contact information
• Candidates must be currently enrolled in a university program
• Expat candidates must be X1 or X2 visa holders
• Minimum time commitment of 10 weeks
• Part-time interns should spend at least three days a week in the office
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org