Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China (AmCham China) sits at the front lines of the largest and most important bilateral economic relationship in the world. With frequent access to high-level officials from both the US and Chinese governments, plus the most influential network of senior executives from the business community, the Chamber is currently undergoing an exciting transformation of its own, making sizeable investments in new technologies in a bid to enhance our impact long into the future. Representative of its membership, staff are a vibrant mix of international and local employees, and the Chamber’s unique culture encourages initiative, innovation, and inclusiveness. Join this important organization and help shape the future direction of the global economy!
Our Government Affairs and Policy team is searching for an intern to support our policy and advocacy work. The team reviews internship applications on a rolling basis. Interns will be based in Beijing.
When asked about their experience interning with AmCham China, former interns have said:
“I feel that I can talk intelligently about the current trends in most of the industries AmCham touches.”
“AmCham China provides a platform for you to get involved with industry players in a friendly environment. The dynamic nature of the internship allows you to lend a helping hand and get involved with new projects of interest as they emerge. At one annual meeting I was given the responsibility of coordinating a multimedia presentation for the 80+ business leaders in attendance. I was given the resources needed and told to ‘make it happen.’ I really loved it!”
- Support the drafting and editing the annual White Paper on American Business in China and the 2022 Social Impact Initiative reports;
- Researching, drafting, editing, translating and proofreading a variety of written products related to but not limited to the US-China relations;
- Supporting the Annual Appreciation Dinner and hoc events, including helping with invitations, registration, event write-ups, and others.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a university program
- Expat candidates must be X1 or X2 visa holders
- Minimum time commitment of 10 weeks
- Part-time interns should spend at least 3 days a week in the office
- Students currently enrolled in master’s degree programs in international relations, business, or related fields; or current undergraduate students in relevant majors are welcome to apply.
- Native English or Chinese speaker with exceptional written command of the English language; ability to conduct research and communicate in Chinese preferred.
- Attention to details
- Strong interest or academic background in US-China relations, foreign policy and trade policy
- Candidates who are dependable, flexible, able to take initiative and work well in a team environment
- 1 page cover letter in English detailing candidate’s interest and qualifications for the AmCham China internship, attached in .pdf format
- 1 page resume in English and 1 page resume in Chinese, in .pdf format
- Please send your application in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for GA & Policy Internship”
In the body of the email, please include the following:
- Available dates and preference for a full time or part time position
- Department preferences: Candidates should submit their application only once, but state if they want to also be considered for positions in other AmCham China departments
- Current status: location (city/country), citizenship, and visa status with regards to China (e.g., Chinese citizen currently studying abroad, Chinese student, American in Beijing on an X visa)
- Contact information
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com