Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a more than US$47 billion corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
The Public Affairs Assistant Manager supports issues management and communications with internal and external stakeholders. Working with the UPS China District Team, the Assistant Manager will develop public policy expertise necessary to represent the business on issues affecting trade, customs, transportation, and domestic regulation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Public Affairs and issues management function for China based in Beijing.
- Represent the business with government, trade associations, and other stakeholders on policy issues including sustainability, transportation, customs, trade, and regulatory.
- Provide internal communications and briefings to relevant business functions in China.
- Analyze public policy issues and understand best practices.
- Supervise the administrative staff on logistics, travel, and company communications to other functions.
Collaborates with Other Functions
- Gathers information from UPS functions to support the resolution of issues and matters.
- Collaborate with UPS functions on various matters to collectively resolve issues effectively, thoroughly, and in a timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between UPS functions and external stakeholders.
Manages Various Administrative Responsibilities
- Prepares weekly reports to track and monitor progress of PA matters.
- Participates in special projects to support the PA department as required.
- Updates written briefing papers and communications.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University Degree and above
- Minimum 5 years work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively including excellence in writing and public speaking;
- Experience working or communicating on public policy issues
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, results oriented environment.
- Strong administrative skills e.g. planning, organizing, coordinating, following up on matters
- Proactive team player and with strong interpersonal and follow up skills
- Ability to gather information, analyze and synthesize for reporting purposes
- Firm believer of maintaining integrity and professionalism at all times
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com