Website Notre Dame Beijing Global Gateway
As a private comprehensive research university that offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs, the University of Notre Dame in the United States is ranked No. 18 in National Universities by the U.S. News & World Report (2023) and is a Top 10 collegiate workplace according to the Chronicle of Higher Education. NDBGG has established in 2017, located at Liangmaqiao area in the downtown Beijing, China. NDBGG serves the University of Notre Dame’s faculty, students, and the broader community of alumni and partners by facilitating programs and convening events that promote mutual-understanding, advance knowledge and cooperation, and address issues to serve the common good within a local, regional, and global context.
Assistant Director, Beijing Global Gateway, University of Notre Dame (NDBGG)
Report Line: The Executive Director of Beijing Global Gateway, University of Notre Dame
Working City: Beijing, China
Job Type: Full-time employee
The University of Notre Dame Beijing Global Gateway (NDBGG) seeks an Assistant Director to lead and implement a wide range of initiatives and manage the programs.
The Assistant Director works closely with the colleagues at Notre Dame main campus in the US, Notre Dame global locations in London, Rome, Israel, Ireland, Kenya etc., and our local Chinese partners from different industries to develop and execute the Notre Dame-China programs.
- Education: Bachelor/Master
- Number of working years in the educational industry: 5-6 years. Language: Fluent oral and written English and Chinese
- The position requires a high level of reliability with regards to accuracy, timeliness, and the handling of confidential information. A people-centered and service disposition and commitment.
- Other requirements: Being able to work in a multi-national team and different time zone
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat DC, understand the AI-related tool to support office work, i.e. ChatGPT
- Values-based leader with a proven experience in building and maintaining with a wide range of international and external stakeholders.
Preferred candidate will have:
- Overseas education
- Prior experience working in a US based university or China-based foreign educational entity, paired with a deep understanding of both western and Chinese culture.
- Strong experience in academic program development and management.
- Working closely with the Executive Director to map out the Notre Dame strategic direction in China, developing new initiatives, and assisting in the implementation of the plan by identifying key goals, objectives, and performance indicators.
- Initiating and managing international academic programs and global conferences.
- Leading the Notre Dame-China faculty, researcher and visiting scholar programs, and improving ND professors’ connection with China.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with local and international institutions, agencies, company, NGO and organizations to enhance the Notre Dame student programs visibility and effectiveness.
- Leading events and programs for Notre Dame China community engagement.
- Leading the NDBGG’s data information collection and creating the ND-China annual report.
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and job title (Assistant Director) in your email subject.
The position will be open until the candidate is selected. So apply early! Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis. The position is expected to start in summer 2023. Salary is competitive.
The Assistant Director will have an interest and appreciation for a workforce culture that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit nd.edu .