Website IHG Hotels & Resorts
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, working across our family of 16 hotel brands and thousands of hotels, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
Location: Shanghai, China
- Deploying and conducting in-depth public policy research/analysis on key issues covering China’s political, economic, social, regional development, epidemic control, and major regulatory changes in the hospitality industry.
- Supporting IHG’s engagement with key chambers of commerce, key external influencers in China to promote IHG’s thought leadership in public affairs field, connecting IHG with the rest of the MNCs’ network.
- Providing strategic support to cross-functional projects in IHG GC support center, identifying opportunities to help further achieve company goals through leveraging the government and other external stakeholders’ resource and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping close monitoring and producing high-quality weekly reports on updates of China’s political, economic, social issues, government initiatives/policies, industry development, and regional development which is relevant with IHG GC’s business operations.
- Responsible for communications with chambers of commerce and through engagement to promote IHG GC’s voice of share and strive for advocacy achievements.
- Supporting IHG GC’s senior leaders’ high-level participation in chambers of commerce engagement.
- Obtaining insights and intelligence regarding policy evolution in China and related countries relevant with IHG GC’s business.
- Responsible for collecting internal feedback on industry related legislation.
- Providing strategic support to various internal functions of IHG GC support center on related business opportunities and potential risks, supporting in the crisis management activities and recommending the appropriate action to minimize and manage impact.
- Building and maintaining solid and trusted partnership with key government contacts with the support of regional Corporate Affairs Managers.
- Support global team on regular work update reports.
- Other ad-hoc requirements incl. updates/reports/contact database maintenance, etc.
- Excellent English and Chinese writing skills, strong communication capability and skills to ensure clear and accurate message delivery.
- Strong analytical capability and skills to be able to identify and resolve key issues.
- Strong business sense to develop the link and synergy for cooperation and join program with the stakeholders.
- Knowledge and insights of government structure, function, working process and the laws, regulations, policies relating to the hospitality industry.
- Self-motivated and the ability to execute agreed strategies and self-discipline with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail oriented while do not miss the big picture.
- A team player, inclusive and mature.
- An open person and always willing to learn.
- Willing and able to work under pressure.
- Flexibility and ability to embrace change.
- A. degree or above.
- Major in International relations/Communications/English or related.
- Minimum 5-year experience on public affairs/government affairs or related role in international organizations or MNCs.
To apply for this job email your details to Claire.Zhang4@ihg.com