Founded in 1907 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, UPS is a global leader in logistics and has its presence in over 220 countries and regions with more than 540,000 employees. In 2021, its turnover has reached 97.3 billion dollars. UPS entered the China market in 1988, providing solutions for customers in multiple industries, helping promote the connectivity between the Chinese market and the global market. Today, UPS provides international services across more than 330 commercial centers and cities connecting Chinese customers with destinations in U.S.A., Europe and Asia with 226 flights per week. UPS upsized to new Boeing 747-8 aircraft, which offer 15 percent greater capacity than previous Boeing 747-400s. UPS has established the International Hub in Shanghai and Asia Pacific Hub in Shenzhen, becoming the first international express carrier that has two international hubs in mainland China. The improved transport internet has guaranteed the convenient and controllable service for Chinese customers, and ensured UPS a more competitive market place. UPS has always been focusing on upgrading the services, so as to provide more advanced, flexible and accurate customized logistics solutions for China’s manufacturing companies from different segmented markets, allows them can pay more attention to their own business, and helps them create more value. During the past two decades, UPS has invested about USD 1 billion in technology every year. UPS smart logistics is about harnessing the huge amount of data available, to make intelligent decisions so that logistics becomes more efficient, secure and sustainable.
The key responsibilities of the Sustainability Manager includes but not limited to:
- Regulatory Assessment:
- Monitor, analyze and validate for all Environmental and social related policy and regulatory, incl. but not limited to China sustainability plan and strategy, EST, plastic management, etc.;
- Take lead on internal discussion, compiling opinions/recommendations, feedback submission and argument with relevant govt. body for draft regulations;
- Support the SME of Postal, Aviation and Customs with providing the technical expertise for policy advocacy to mitigate business impact/risks or create opportunities for business interests/cost savings/process optimization etc.;
- Develop the regulatory policy update and summary;
- Support BRCC topics for risk identified related with Sustainability compliance.
- External and Internal Stakeholder Engagement:
- Develop and execute the internal and external stakeholder engagement programmes in China incl. but not limited to govt. stakeholders, GONGOs, associations, KOLs, customers, employee and etc.
- Represent the UPS brand by speaking at conferences and engaging in interviews in conjunction with Communications
- Award application to promote thought leadership in sustainability
- Talking points preparation, onsite coordination, meeting minutes and follow-ups.
- Strategy Development & Execution
- Lead China Sustainability Committee to develop and execute China sustainability priorities for 2021 and beyond
- Support for UPS-SPB Green Post Capacity Building Program and scale the program
- Develop environmental and social innovation programmes in China to execute to the priorities, including working with Automotive and the Advanced Technology Group on new technology last mile solutions
- Provide APAC input into the annual Corporate Sustainability Report
- A passion for sustainable development, both social and environmental, coupled with an understanding of the role of business in providing solutions • Excellent networking and influence skills
- Very strong written and oral communications skills
- Highly numerate, comfortable handling data
- A solid grasp of the science of greenhouse gas and air quality emissions and an aptitude for the engineering and technology solutions required
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor degree and above.
To apply for this job email your details to Cherylwu@ups.com