Women Empowerment Council
The Women Empowerment Council is an engaged network of leaders and decision-makers that aims to advance gender equality in businesses in China and beyond. Members are multinational companies who understand that gender equality, sustainable development, and business success are inextricably linked. With WEC’s goal to be the collective thought leader on women empowerment, our team executes meetings, events, and projects that enable us to share best practices, close gender gaps, and move the needle.
The Women Empowerment Council is seeking a person who is passionate about women empowerment and thrives in a start-up work environment. The Content and Project Manager should be capable of leading projects, strengthening client relations, and writing English content for various purposes. The ideal candidate should be entrepreneurial, native English speaker, customer-service oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Initiate, lead and drive projects and programs
- Apply strategic thinking to add value and increase productivity
- Maintain high standards and quality in communications and all assignments
- Actively participate in team discussions and be an adaptable and collaborative team member
- Network and promote WEC where appropriate (image and reputation in market)
- Build and maintain client relations (member companies)
- Be a positive, professional, and responsible team member who contributes to the growth of WEC
- Continually take initiative, solve problems, and suggest improvements (growth and processes)
Manage and Coordinate Core Membership activities and events:
- Roundtables, Member-Hosted and Workshops: Research and design themes aligned with DEI/women empowerment trends and member companies priorities
- Bi-annually Executive Meetings: Help strategize and prepare quality deliverables
- Quarterly Newsletter: Research and create original content to convey DEI/women empowerment thought leadership and generate brand exposure for the WEC and Members.
Lead and Support WEC Programs (Projects & Cornerstone Events)
- Girls in STEMM: Support GIS leader to successfully implement and manage activities in Beijing
- Women Inclusion Network: Lead to advise on white paper focus (theme) and manage focus groups, analyze the finding and write a final report.
- Women Empowerment Forum & Awards: Work with team to successfully run cornerstone events (rotate annually) Women Empowerment Forum and WE Conference &Awards event
- DEI Report: Propose and lead pioneering initiative, design research methodology, collect and analyze data, write report, work with designer, elicit feedback (first report in 2022).
Prepare Content and Support Communications & Thought Leadership
- Work with partner and team to develop content for WEC digital marketing and communications, media strategy and execution as required
- Prepare/review deliverables (ex. presentations, summaries, speeches, reports, talking points, etc.) to convey thought leadership, best practices, key recommendations, and measurable impact (tailored to format, voice, and audience).
- Stay abreast of global and local DEI/women empowerment trends through research, L&D, and networking.
Support Membership Recruitment Renewal and Relations
- Work with General Manager to drive and support member recruitment, renewal and relations
- Network and work with team to find target alliances in Beijing to recruit new members, and support annual action plan and overall recruitment efforts (business development)
- Support the overall objectives, prepare annual impact reports, and participate in member impact reviews.
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic alliance organizations to grow partnership opportunities and community outreach.
- Support and implement consultancy projects, and brand exposure opportunities.
- Native English speaker with excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Experience working with corporate clients yet entrepreneurial
- Bilingual – good Chinese ability a plus
- Holds a valid working visa in Beijing
Please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit womenempowermentcouncil.com .