Website Edelman China
Edelman is the world’s leading marketing communications firm and it has a long history of supporting corporate, not-for-profit, and public clients to address a wide range of public relations and public affairs issues worldwide. With a core team of public affairs professionals spread across its over 60 offices worldwide, the firm is committed to investing in and building the industry-leading public affairs capability in China. This enhanced capability, complemented by our strong digital and research teams, will meet the needs of clients for increasingly sophisticated public affairs services in China and in markets throughout the region.
- Position: Project Management Specialist
Reporting to the head of China Public Affairs, the position will play an integral role in the development of the public affairs practice. The candidate will manage client engagements and deliver best-in-class service that will assist clients in meeting their business objectives. The candidate is expected to bring deep expertise that will enhance our public affairs offer, extend our services to existing clients, and win new business. The position will be based in Beijing.
We are seeking a self-starter who is interested in and challenged by political, social, and economic issues impacting stakeholders in the region and they should be excited by the opportunity to support achievement of the objectives of our clients and our company. They should also be willing to embrace the opportunity to continuously grow by working with high profile clients and a dynamic team. The successful candidate is a team player and is someone who is used to working to a high standard and to competing at an equally high professional level.
- Serve as project manager across multiple client projects simultaneously, manage the day-to-day work of client teams, and ensure timely high-quality output across all client engagements.
- Interact directly with clients to create and execute on strategies and campaigns, provide strategic counseling on a regular basis, and facilitate workstream activities.
- Collaborate and interact within the China Public Affairs team and with wider Edelman teams and liaise with global and regional teams to support internal cooperation and communications and the global servicing of clients.
- Working with other senior team members to proactively identify and cultivate a network of potential clients and generate business development leads.
- Engage public and private-sector stakeholders, members of the business community, the media, and other influencers to increase external awareness of the China public affairs team.
- Provide content expertise for proposal creation or other business development work and participate in client proposal presentations and discussions.
- A keen understanding of China’s evolving political environment and market dynamics and knowledge on how to navigate related issues on behalf of multinational companies.
- Strong analytical and research skills that includes an ability to analyze and interpret policies and issues.
- Previous project management experience with an ability to manage client engagements, oversee team members’ workflow, and provide thought leadership, would be desirable.
- Previous experience in government or government-affiliated organizations or demonstrated expertise in specific industries or areas would be an advantage.
- The candidate must be fluent in Chinese and English, with full business proficiency in both languages.
- Preferably minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- BA in political science, international relations, public policy or business administration, or a related field, or equivalent experience, preferably, with an advanced degree in a related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and an ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
Applicants should submit resume, cover letter, and two writing samples (one in English, one in Chinese, and 2-5 pages each) to email@example.com. Please indicate which position you apply for in the subject line of your email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org