Website Edelman China
Edelman is the world’s leading marketing communications firm and it has a long history of supporting corporate, not-for-profit, and public clients to address a wide range of public relations and public affairs issues worldwide. With a core team of public affairs professionals spread across its over 60 offices worldwide, the firm is committed to investing in and building the industry-leading public affairs capability in China. This enhanced capability, complemented by our strong digital and research teams, will meet the needs of clients for increasingly sophisticated public affairs services in China and in markets throughout the region.
- Position: Research Specialist
Reporting to the head of China Public Affairs, the individual recruited for this position will be the key driver of the company’s efforts to expand the China public affairs team’s policy and issues research capacity and grow China-focused thought leadership. The candidate will coordinate all public affairs research work and ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products, as a key member of a team working to enhance our public affairs offer, extend public affairs services to existing clients, and win new business. The position will be based in Beijing.
We are seeking a self-starter who is interested in and challenged by political, social, and economic issues impacting stakeholders in China and internationally. They should be excited by the opportunity to support achievement of the objectives of our clients and our company. They should also be willing to embrace the opportunity to continuously grow by working with high-profile clients and a dynamic team. The successful candidate is a team player and is someone who is used to working to a very high standard and to competing at an equally high professional level.
- Manage all research work needed for public affairs client service, business development, and internal communications, and other areas of our business, and ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Perform in-depth research under tight deadlines, develop drafts of written products, including proposals, newsletters, short analyses, and longer papers, and help drive product innovation.
- Focused on analyzing and interpreting the business, investment and political implications of specific government regulations, policies and events.
- Work closely with other team members to build and enhance the team’s geopolitical, policy or sector/industry expertise.
- Liaise with global and regional teams to support cooperation and communications and the global servicing of clients.
- Serve as a mentor on research and writing for junior colleagues, providing guidance and instruction as necessary on projects and deliverables
- Outstanding written skills and research ability in native-level English. Previous experience in research and writing is strongly preferred. Speaking and reading fluency in Chinese preferably for expat candidates.
- Candidates should have a strength in at least one of these core areas in China and be able to learn quickly to cover others: political economy, evolving regulatory environment, market dynamics, and international relations.
- Previous professional experience in public policy, government affairs, consulting, media or relevant industry expertise is a strong plus.
- Ideally minimum of 3-5 years of relevant prior work experience.
- BA in political science, international relations, public policy or business administration, or a related field, or equivalent experience, preferably, with an advanced degree in a related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft
Applicants should submit resume, cover letter, and two writing samples (one in English, one in Chinese, and 2-5 pages each) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you apply for in the subject line of your email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com