Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization representing nearly 1,000 U.S. companies operating across China, including most of the Fortune 500. The Chamber’s nationwide mission is to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, insights, relationships, and business support services. With offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Dalian, Shenyang, and Wuhan. AmCham China has 25 Working Groups and holds more than 300 events per year.
Company: AmCham China
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Job title: Healthcare Industry Group Program Associate
Reports to: Director of Healthcare Industry Group
Recent graduates welcome to apply
Duties and Responsibilities
Healthcare Industry Group Program Associate is expected to thrive on the following key responsibilities:
- Developing industry development agenda together with operational leadership and key members of each forum or committee, and following up with engagement with key U.S. and Chinese government and industry stakeholders to produce advocacy progress beneficial for U.S. companies’ competitive position in China; (20%)
- Monitoring key regulatory, business and technological developments corresponding to each forum or committee, and accordingly creating event programs with thought leaders to keep sustained dialogues as a key AmCham China service; (30%)
- Working with each other within the Member Operations team and with colleagues from other team to ensure meaningful contribution to AmCham China’s membership recruitment, advocacy initiatives and business development success; (20%)
- Create consistent updates of Forums and Committee success stories in advocacy, insights and business development wins, and ensure proper marketing and outreach to key stakeholders including members, potential members, government counterparts and other partners; (20%)
- Organizing key companies within each forum and committee to participate in outreach and promotional events around China to strengthen market access and business development under AmCham China’s brand, and creating networking gatherings that would strengthen membership loyalty and togetherness as a professional community. (10%)
Healthcare Industry Group Program Associate is amongst those growing the fastest across the whole AmCham China organization, and put on a three-phase development path with clear development indicators of business and soft skill goals and performance evaluation, and are often successful to make connections to their next step corporate career in specific industries and functional fields, especially in the fields of government and corporate affairs, marketing and strategy, and public relations and corporate communications.
The basic skills and characters expected include:
- Detail oriented, initiative, able to work independently;
- Capable of communicating (written and verbal) effectively in both English and Chinese, and excellent in management reporting tools;
- Ability to show the right judgement on problems, demonstrate superb ability of prioritization while multitasking;
- Strong sense of community and be able to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to support others.
On top of those, in order to fulfill the job’s responsibilities and expectations, Healthcare Industry Group Program Associate is expected to demonstrate the following strong education background, business and organizational skills:
- Recent graduates with medical/healthcare educational backgrounds can apply.
- Or 1-3 years of work experience in marketing, public relations, business development, government relations, or consulting in healthcare industries.
- Strong sense of organizational behavior and processes, excellent team and people skills to be able to manage KPI delivery through working with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain productive engagement and relationship with key member companies and individual members;
- Be able to manage membership and engagement database corresponding to the designated forums or committees;
- Be able to learn and understand key subject matter and business knowledge;
- Excellent English skills, both verbal(fluent) and written.
- As a team player, leverage skills, expertise, resources and support from different teams to deliver successful execution of Committee programs.