Website IHG Hotels & Resorts
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, working across our family of 16 hotel brands and thousands of hotels, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The Corporate Affairs Senior Manager in East China is responsible for developing and implementing the work plans for government affairs and policy analysis, the engagement and cooperation with associations/chambers of commerce, owners and medias in the region to support the overall Greater China corporate affairs and strategic relations strategy. It includes:
- Establishing and maintaining strong and trusted institutional partnership with government in East China for policy communications, issue/crisis management and to secure government support to IHG’s business.
- Identifying and exploring opportunities to support development, operation, commercial, and the overall support to the corporate and hotels by leveraging resources of government, associations/chambers of commerce, medias and external influencers in East China.
- Engaging with the strategic owners in East China and support Greater China owner relations by carrying out relevant initiatives and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and updating the government mapping in East China with clear picture of role/responsibility of the governments and their relevance/implication to IHG’s business.
- Building and maintaining solid and trusted partnership with the key government departments in the region to ensure smooth communication and obtain the valuable insights, intelligence and support.
- Conducting in-depth research/analysis on the regulation/policy in East China and timely inform/update with the regional business teams for response/action.
- Providing strategic support to the internal functions and hotels on related business opportunities and potential risks, supporting in the crisis management activities and recommending the appropriate action to minimize risk and impact on the company and hotels.
- Engaging with the relevant stakeholders to support IPR protection in East China.
- Identifying cooperation opportunities with the stakeholders and developing relevant program/project, forum/seminar/training to support the business teams in the region.
- Providing strategic partnership support to the Owner Relations and Communications teams.
- Responsible for the communications with the associations and chambers of commerce in the region and engaging in their meeting/events that would promote IHG’s image and presence.
- Knowledge and insights of government structure, function, working process and the laws, regulations, policies relating to the hospitality industry
- Strong people skills to develop relationship and establish smooth communication channels
- Strong analytical capability and skills to be able to identify and resolve the key issues
- Strong business sense to develop the link and synergy for cooperation and join program with the stakeholders
- Good written and oral communication both in English and Mandarin
- Self-motivated and the ability to execute agreed strategies and direction with minimal supervision
- Team player
- B.A. degree
- Minimum 8-year experience in corporate/public/government affairs fields in international organizations or MNCs.
To apply for this job email your details to Claire.Zhang4@ihg.com