Otus offers a seamless K-12 learning platform for administrators, teachers, students, and families.
We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You’ll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Director of Technology to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators in China, based out of Beijing.
The role of the China Director of Technology is to build a local technical engineering team, supporting both development and operations, and to work with our education entities in China, to understand their technical needs, and ensure that the Otus product roadmap aligns with the market trends so we remain at the forefront of Educational Technology in China and globally. The successful candidate will need to coordinate and communicate product inputs from our customers and prospects, while aligning with our United States teams and influencing global product strategy. This position will require a passionate, business-oriented technology leader with extensive Cloud and SaaS technology experience.
- Building and managing a software engineering team that will supplement the US software engineering team in building new, or refactoring existing, features and system integrations for the Otus China platform to meet the needs of the Chinese market
- Building and managing a technical operations team to support the operation of the Otus China platform in AWS China
- Building and managing a Quality Assurance team to ensure a high level of quality in the Otus China platform
- Ensuring the Otus China platform exceeds requirements for data privacy in China
- Evaluating product gaps unique to the Chinese market
- Evaluating vendors and partners that fulfill product gaps and meet Chinese data privacy standards
- Leading software engineering team to integrate with vendors and partners specific to Chinese market
- Innovative and results driven with 5+ years of Cloud Computing and SaaS experience
- 5+ years in a technical leadership capacity
- 10+ years of technical experience
- Hands on experience in web application development and relational databases
- Experience with technologies such as Angular, Node, AWS, MySQL/Postgres, Kubernetes, or other related technologies
- Strong collaborator that works well cross-functionally, across both global and local teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing and competitive environment
- Passion for both product and customers with an ability to lead cross-functional teams to connect the dots between them
- Familiarity with the technical, security and data regulations in China
- Project management experience and experience leading multicultural teams
- Systems thinking — seeing possibilities in complexity, creating frameworks to make decisions and structuring projects to pursue ambitious goals
- Ability to manage through inspiration and influence, making things happen beyond your own team
- Technical degree or equivalent work experience
- Translate both business and technical requirements into product development plans
- Fluent written and spoken in both English and Chinese
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and employee stock options
- 22 days of paid vacation per year
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Professional development/tuition reimbursement
- Home office improvement budget
- A relocation package is available if applicable
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
To apply for this job please visit otus.recruiterbox.com.