Website Dover PSG
Our Promise - Safety, Quality, Performance, Reliability
Company: Dover PSG
Closing Date: May 31, 2022
Job Title: Product Manager
The Product Manager is responsible for managing his/her respective PSG product portfolio throughout the product lifecycle from planning to execution in support of organizational strategy and objectives. This position drives new product development from existing ideas and helps to develop new ideas based on their industry experience and contact with customers and prospects. They must work with the market to understand problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. The Product Manager must possess a blend of business and technical knowledge; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities：
- Growth Plans: Develop and execute short (annual) and long-term (5-years) growth strategies
- Deliverables include product, technology and service roadmap and growth plan summary
- Profit and Loss (P&L): Maintain regular analysis of product portfolio P&L to understand peaks and valleys and initiate actions to address any issues. Drive profitability via margin analysis and implementation of cost reduction and pricing initiatives
- Project Management: Initiate the NPD projects, manage the process and lead the virtual team work together for on time delivery with expected result.
- Market Knowledge: Develop a library of market segments and applications and identify what products are required to be successful in these areas. Determine market size (revenue, units), growth and opportunity for each. Identify share and position in the market and develop plans to secure or grow position. Perform competitor analysis including SWOT, pricing, features and product breadth comparison. Identify market drivers and customer buying behaviors
- Pricing: Provide existing product pricing guidance/maintenance and develop pricing for new products using pricing strategy including positioning, monetization and competitor analysis.
- Product Portfolio: Develop and maintain a product portfolio that supports the market and customer penetration objectives of the global sales team. Determine new product needs for global markets, vertical segments, and international markets. Develop Business Plans including Voice-of-the-Customer, cost targets, sales forecast, inventory guidance and financials. Create product specification and design targets with Engineering. Plan product life cycle (introduction-growth-maturity-decline) including enhancements and obsolescence
- Product Positioning: Clearly identify target customers and market, primary benefit, and value proposition of the product
- Global Footprint: Work with PSG International Manufacturing Centers and location GM to select products for local manufacturing and assist with implementation
- Customer and Market Centricity: Maintain market focus by regular contact with customers, sales and marketing. This includes responsibility for conducting distributor and end user training. Work closely with PSG Sales management to provide forums to interact with distributor organizations in identifying growth opportunities and identifying new product development ideas
- Voice-of-the-Customer (VOC): Perform regular VOC to identify market trends, market drivers, customer satisfaction levels, needs and buying behavior
- Distributor Relationship: Build and maintain effective client relationships. Ensure best practice application. Manage client feedback program
- Sales Forecast: Provide projected sales volume (units, revenue) for new and existing products. Lead S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) for respective product line
- Marketing Communication: Work closely with Marketing Managers in areas of advertising, promotion, public relation, and marketing initiatives
- Product Support: Provide Sales, Customers and Channel Partners with support, information and materials to learn about products and applications including content for location universities.
- Budget: establish expenditure for the product line including projects, travels, events and initiatives. Monitor monthly actuals vs. projections and adjust as necessary
- Travel up to 15%
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities：
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of mechanical experience in Product Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Strong knowledge and understanding of pump technology and market applications
- Good communication with fluent English
To apply for this job email your details to PSG-China@psgdover.com