Website Notre Dame Beijing Global Gateway
As a private comprehensive research university that offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs, the University of Notre Dame in the United States is ranked No. 18 in National Universities by the U.S. News & World Report (2023) and is a Top 10 collegiate workplace according to the Chronicle of Higher Education. NDBGG has established in 2017, located at Liangmaqiao area in the downtown Beijing, China. NDBGG serves the University of Notre Dame’s faculty, students, and the broader community of alumni and partners by facilitating programs and convening events that promote mutual-understanding, advance knowledge and cooperation, and address issues to serve the common good within a local, regional, and global context.
Program Coordinator, Beijing Global Gateway, University of Notre Dame (NDBGG)
Report Line: The Executive Director of Beijing Global Gateway, University of Notre Dame
Working City: Beijing, China
Job Type: Full-time employee
The University of Notre Dame Beijing Global Gateway (NDBGG) seeks an Assistant Director to lead and implement a wide range of initiatives and manage the programs.
The Assistant Director works closely with the colleagues at Notre Dame main campus in the US, Notre Dame global locations in London, Rome, Israel, Ireland, Kenya etc., and our local Chinese partners from different industries to develop and execute the Notre Dame-China programs.
- Education: Bachelor/Master
- Language：Fluent oral and written English.
- Trustworthiness and integrity.
- High standard of confidentiality.
- High level of reliability with regards to accuracy, timeliness and strong attention to detail.
- Other requirements: Being able to work in a multi-national team and different time zone; Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills.
Preferred candidate will have:
- Overseas education background.
- Prior experience working in a US based university, or China based foreign educational entity, and a deep understanding of both western and Chinese culture.
- Experience in communication and program promotion.
- A number of years experience in the educational industry: 2-3 years.
- Proactive and fast learner
Social Media Management
- Develop and implement a social media strategy to promote the ND programs and services, and engage with international students and scholars.
- Create and manage the NDBGG Social media platforms i.e. Wechat, LinkedIn, Bilibili, live streaming etc. This includes creating and curating content, managing social media accounts, monitoring engagement and analytics, and adapting the strategy to ensure maximum impact.
- Assist in drafting the documents and serve as the interpreter as needed.
Student Program Coordination & Course Teaching Assistant
- Serve as the course facilitator and TA for all the ND program courses locally; Coordinating the communication between international partners, ND faculty and ND program students.
- Manage ND students programs in China, including the students safety and emergency program, student orientation, student life and culture excursion, and other areas of concern
- NDI programs: Collaboratively develop brochures, organize undergraduate and short-term program recruitment activity and information sessions.
- Work with campus units and organize the recruitment info session and/or their programs promotion
Event Coordination & Technology Support
- Assist with developing and organizing public events; Work with Notre Dame OIT and local IT agency to ensure the technology support for the programs and events.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resumes to email@example.com with your name and job title (Program Coordinator) in the subject of your email.
The position will be open until the candidate is selected. So apply early! Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis. The position is expected to start in summer 2023. Salary is competitive.
The Program Coordinator will have an interest and appreciation for a workforce culture that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit nd.edu.