Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization representing nearly 1,000 U.S. companies operating across China, including most of the Fortune 500. The Chamber’s nationwide mission is to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, insights, relationships, and business support services. With offices in Beijing, Tianjin, Dalian, Shenyang, and Wuhan. AmCham China has 25 Working Groups and holds more than 300 events per year.
Company: AmCham China
Industry: Nonprofit Organization
Job title: Senior Operations Director/Operations Director
Reports to: President
This position has four main areas of accountability: internal operations, HR function, member services program and corporate governance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manages the work of Operations Division, including, HR, Finance, Administration, etc.
- Ensures effective design and implementation of Operations Division working plan to meet agreed targets.
- Identifies critical capacity requirements and needs of AmCham China workforce as well as leadership capacity and takes the necessary steps to address the needs and strengthen the organization.
- Review of accounting and administrative controls and financial statements with management personnel.
- Establishes system controls and develops procedures to improve existing finance systems.
- In consultation with AmCham leadership, prepare and oversee execution of the annual forecast and annual budget, including monthly reporting to senior management and the Board of Governors.
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate audit compliance and reporting in accordance with Chinese requirements.
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate tax compliance and reporting in accordance with Chinese requirement
- Daily approval and oversight of all financial transactions, invoices, and contracts; review the details of monthly report and prepare quarterly report
- Recruitment, establishing and overseeing implementation of HR policies
- Manage compensation policy (salary establishment and management and bonus plan development).
- Provide advice to department heads and employees in terms of HR policies, practices and compliance.
- Implement and improves AmCham China’s performance management system
- Train and supervise AmCham staff and ensure that administrative procedures are in place and followed.
- Assess the needs of a business, overseeing internal training program to enhance the effectiveness of the workforce
- Evaluate organizational performance to ensure that training is meeting business needs and improving performance.
- Overseeing AmCham’s visa service, medical benefit program, and other value-added services offering.
- Master’s degree in business management/administration, or operation preferred
- Proven leadership skills to manage human and financial resources; ability to inspire and motivate staff and external partners.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing the strategic plans; High level negotiation as well as interpersonal and influencing skills and the capacity to develop and maintain strong relationships within AmCham China’s.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills; Adaptable to Change; Driven to Achieve Results; Exceptional Coaching Skills; Strong Decision Making, Action Planning, and Prioritization Skills
- Ability to Demonstrate Exceptional Organization and Planning Skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org