Website Dulwich College
Dulwich College Beijing has forged an excellent global reputation for being a warm and welcoming community, and a rewarding place to work. DCB students possess a thirst for learning and are highly motivated to learn. The College is seeking to attract the most inspirational, talented teachers who have a genuine love of teaching, teachers and leaders who want to make a difference in our students’ lives. Dulwich College Beijing is an exciting place to teach and learn. Winner of several international awards in the last few years, including the International School Award for Creativity in Learning in 2019. The College is dynamic, collaborative and has the highest goals and expectations for its staff and students. The environment is one of trust and respect, with ideas bubbling from all quarters.
About the Role
We seek a Senior School cover supervisor to oversee the learning of students ( ages 11 to 18) in the absence of their regular subject teacher ( any subject discipline). Expats living in Beijing as dependents and who would like to start their teaching career experience at an international school are particularly encouraged to apply. Full induction and training will be provided. A minimum monthly retainer is provided however a full time commitment ( 6 hours per day) is available.
Our Vision for Teachers
- Put students first in all they do
- Display a positive attitude, adaptability and open-mindedness
- Show professional initiative and perseverance
- Are truly collaborative and display highly developed communication skills
- Are committed to internationalism and equity
- Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
Worldwise teachers believe in:
- The right of every student to be safe, supported and nurtured
- Evidence-based and innovative pedagogy
- Personalised and differentiated student learning
- Setting high expectations for every student
- Empowering students to reach their own goals
- High levels of student motivation and engagement
Worldwise teacher’s practice:
- Maximises every student’s opportunity learn
- Promotes student agency, reflection and a love of learning
- Delivers academic rigour and holistic learning
- Reveals the complex and inter-disciplinary nature of learning content
- Creates a supportive and dynamic learning environment
- Develops students’ higher-order thinking
- Native English Speaker
- PGCE or QTS, Teaching License from non-UK countries or TESOL, TEFL or CELTA are required
- A Bachelor degree in any discipline
How to Apply
DCBJ is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students.
Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
To apply for this position you will need to include: an application letter your CV details of three referees from your current and previous employer
Applications should be submitted through our on-line application system at: https://www.dulwich.org/careers.
For further information please see our website at https://beijing.dulwich.org
Interviews will take place as soon as applications are received, therefore early application is encouraged.
To apply for this job please visit www.dulwich.org.