Website AmCham China
The American Chamber of Commerce in the People’s Republic of China (AmCham China) sits at the front lines of the largest and most important bilateral economic relationship in the world. With frequent access to high-level officials from both the US and Chinese governments, plus the most influential network of senior executives from the business community, the Chamber is currently undergoing an exciting transformation of its own, making sizeable investments in new technologies in a bid to enhance our impact long into the future. Representative of its membership, staff are a vibrant mix of international and local employees, and the Chamber’s unique culture encourages initiative, innovation, and inclusiveness. Join this important organization and help shape the future direction of the global economy!
The U.S. – China Healthcare Cooperation Program (HCP) is a collaborative initiative working to build closer working relations between the U.S. and Chinese governments while leveraging healthcare industry strengths in order to foster long-term cooperation with China in the areas of public health, policy research, training, R&D, technology and to support the government’s goal of enhancing patients’ access to healthcare services in China.
HCP draws its strength from the collaboration between the United States and People’s Republic of China based on the U.S.-China Public Private Partnership on Healthcare (PPPH) framework announced in January 2011, on the occasion of the Summit between the President of the United States, Barack Obama, and the President of the People’s Republic of China, Hu Jintao.
Government agencies, including the U.S. Health and Human Services Department (HHS), U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Trade and Development Agency(USTDA), the National Health and Family Planning Commission of China(NHFPC, now as now the National Health Commission, NHC) and Ministry of Commerce of China have participated in and provided guidance to this program. The HCP Program follows two highly successful existing U.S.-China public/private partnerships that operate under AmCham-China’s umbrella, namely the U.S.-China Aviation Cooperation Program and the U.S.-China Energy Cooperation Program.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drafting email campaigns both in English and Chinese.
- Conducting healthcare-related policy and market intelligence research (Monthly report update)
- Assisting in maintaining HCP communications with member companies and related Chinese and US government partners.
- Supporting for organization, communication, and logistics for HCP programs (e.g. trade missions, training programs, and conferences)
- Supporting HCP internal meetings and industry-related HCP meetings (e.g. organization, communication, meeting minutes, etc)
- Supporting HCP membership programs (e.g. maintaining membership database, supporting new member on-boarding, etc)
- Providing onsite support to HCP events.
- Occasional translation work
- Experience in government relations and/or policy and market research
- Experience in writing and editing (in English)
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Familiarity with China related policy issues, background in healthcare (a plus)
To apply, send a letter of application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com