Website Western Academy of Beijing
The Western Academy of Beijing (WAB) is a leading international IB World school located in the cultural capital of one of the world's oldest and most dynamic cultures, China. Founded in 1994, the school prides itself on its world-class facilities, highly qualified teachers, global curriculum, warm and supportive environment, and service-oriented culture. We provide a learner-centered atmosphere that nurtures a strong sense of community among our 1,400 students with the mission to “Connect, Inspire, Challenge: Make a Difference.”
Position: Data Systems Analyst
Reports to: IT Manager
The Data Systems Analyst collaborates with multiple stakeholders to manage, integrate and automate its core data systems to achieve streamlined digital transformation at WAB. The role seeks to further develop and optimize WAB’s PowerSchool student information system and further integrate it with other data systems for reliable and efficient access.
- The Data Systems Analyst, in close collaboration with the IT Manager, Head of EdTech and IT, and systems administrators will:
- Ensure the integrity of data in the student information system (PowerSchool).
- Develop and manage integration of enterprise data repositories with student information system
- Develop systems of automation to ensure timely migration and validation of data.
- Develop custom data repositories in the student information system and in Azure to allow for efficient access and analytics on those data sources.
- Support quantitative and qualitative data analysis and communication for members of the WAB leadership team.
- Collaborate with systems developers to translate requirements into workable solutions.
- Develop and maintain positive, efficient, and effective communication and relationships with all stakeholders and provide effective trainings in accordance with their need.
- Implement and promote best practices in IT security for WAB’s database systems.
- Develop and maintain critical documentation including database relationships, structure and systems diagrams.
- Organize and conduct database replication, redundancy, backup and recovery, develop disaster recovery plans on various databases timely to ensure business continuity.
Knowledge, Experience, and Attributes
- Strong inter communication skill both in Chinese and English.
- Strong personal responsibilities and team work spirit.
- Relevant certifications or experience in managing information systems.
- An understanding of educational institutions highly desirable.
- Confident in SQL and jQuery and HTML.
- Confident in one or more programming languages such as Python.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft 365, especially Excel.
- Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI a plus.
- Experience administering an enterprise data management system such as Oracle, MS SQL or MySQL.
- Experience developing complex custom reports.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.wab.edu.