Take this important step towards becoming a future leader of
the US-China business community!
We are excited to announce that the application period for the 2022 AmCham China Leadership Development Program (LDP) is now open!
The AmCham China Leadership Development Program is designed to train young professionals to be future leaders of the US-China business community. Every year, the Board of Governors selects 30 – 35 candidates to participate in this prestigious eight-month program.
Alumni have gone on to build prominent careers in China and become cornerstones of the AmCham China community serving as committee chairs or as part of the Board of Governors.
“LDP allows you to expand the boundaries of your work and life.”
– Jiaqi Yuan, Product Stewardship Manager, Dow Chemical China and 2019 LDP Fellow
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- AmCham China member or employee of a member company
- Aspiring leader aged between 28 and 40
- Lived in China for a minimum of two years
- Willing to commit to actively participating in an AmCham China Committee or Forum during the program year
- Committed to attend all program sessions (one excused absence allowed)
What will you gain?
- Access to an engaged network of aspiring leaders in China
- Opportunities to develop skills in research, collaboration, and public speaking
- Valuable insight and expertise from leaders of the US-China business community
- Deeper understanding of vital topics that distinguish you from the competition
From March until November, every month there will be one session held on a Saturday from 9am – 12pm. The first session will be a program kick-off led by AmCham China Board Members. Networking opportunities are incorporated through social dinners and activities. Program sessions are led by senior representatives of partner organizations. Past sessions have been led by representatives including, the US Embassy, World Bank, US-China Business Council, and multi-national corporates. Sample topics covered are:
- Overview of economic environment, policy priorities, and methods of advocacy
- Introduction to Chinese Government Affairs
- Inner Workings of the State Department and US Embassies
- World Trade Organization’s role in the US-China relationship
- Navigating the Regulatory Environment
- Exploring Leadership Frameworks
- Maximizing Your Communication Skills
- The Future of the US-China Relationship
*Participants are encouraged to seek corporate sponsorship
Scan QR code to complete and submit your application
Application deadline is January 14, 2022
Successful applicants will be notified by March 1, 2022
*Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further inquiries