On July 5, AmCham China, Tianjin held its annual Tianjin Government Appreciation Dinner with the theme “Encourage New Dynamism of Foreign Investment, Enhance a Booming Manufacturing City.” The evening reception capped an afternoon of activities which included a dialogue with the Tianjin Municipal People’s Government.
In honor of this year’s theme, the event began with AmCham China President Michael Hart. AmCham China, Tianjin Chairman Marcus Williams, Tianjin Bureau of Commerce Deputy Director General He Zhineng, and other government officials, walking through the event exhibition area which showcased the development of Tianjin’s manufacturing industry. The exhibit featured contributions from member companies, with 10 company representatives joining to deliver speeches.
Following the exhibition, the AmCham China team was joined by representatives from 13 departments of the Tianjin Municipal Government. During the meeting, Hart delivered the 2022 American Business in China White Paper (White Paper) to the Tianjin Municipal People’s Government. Both AmCham China and the government officials in attendance stressed the importance of American businesses to Tianjin and their joint hope for future investment.
The day ended with the Appreciation Dinner Reception Banquet. 150 guests joined the reception at the Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin. A quartet performance courtesy of the Tianjin Julliard School opened the banquet, after which Hart and Williams delivered the White Paper to 12 Tianjin Municipal Government Departments:
- Foreign Affairs Office of Tianjin Municipal People’s Government
- Tianjin Municipal Bureau of Commerce
- Tianjin Development and Reform Commission
- Tianjin Municipal Bureau of Medical Insurance
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Tianjin Sub-Council
- Tianjin Municipal Bureau of Industry and Information Technology
- Tianjin Municipal Commission of Health
- Tianjin Administration for Market Regulation
- Tianjin Customs District P. R. China
- Tianjin Municipal Tax Service, State Taxation Administration
- Tianjin Medical Products Administration
- Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Tianjin Municipal Public Security Bureau
Following the White Paper deliveries, the evening’s keynote speech was delivered US Ambassador to China Nicholas Burns who spoke in pre-recorded remarks. keynote speech video recorded by the US Ambassador to China Nicholas Burns, After that, the Tianjin Bureau of Commerce Deputy Director General He Zhineng gave remarks. In his remarks, He stressed his appreciation of the Chamber’s work as a bridge between foreign companies and the government. After the speeches wrapped up, guests were free to enjoy the banquet dinner and mingle with the Tianjin business community and government representatives.