The AmCham China Leadership Development Program is designed to train young professionals as future leaders of the US-China business community and enhance the leadership development skills of program participants. Each year, the Board of Governors will select 10-12 candidates to participate in the 10-month program. Candidates must be nominated by an AmCham Member in good standing.
Each class of leaders will typically have one to two people who stay in China for the majority of their careers and eventually become cornerstones of the AmCham China community as committee members or as part of the Board of Governors.
- Must be a member of AmCham China
- Must have lived in China for at least 2 years
- Must be between the ages of 28-40
- Must participate in one AmCham Committee during the program year
Participation fees for the program will be 5,000 RMB. Program participants are free to seek corporate sponsorship. For participants funding themselves, scholarships from AmCham China are also available.
The Leadership Development Program will provide participants with access to various parts of the US-China business community. Each month, there will be one three-hour session on Saturdays that covers topics such as leadership, legal issues, world governing bodies, US Embassy commercial operations, and China’s legislative process, plus a trip to Washington DC for a multi-day training with the US Chamber of Commerce.
- Program kickoff by AmCham Board of Governors & Team
- Introduction to AmCham including an overview of today’s economic environment, AmCham’s policy priorities, methods of advocacy, etc.
- Dinner & Networking
- Introduction to Chinese Government Affairs
- The Inner Workings of the State Department & US Embassies
- The WTO’s role in the US-China relationship
- The Importance of Advocacy
- Understanding Chinese Corporates & Nonprofits
- Navigating the Regulatory Environment
- Leading and Managing Effectively in China
- Exploring Leadership Frameworks
- Maximizing Your Communication Skills
- The Future of the US-China Relationship
- US Embassy
- US Chamber of Commerce
- World Bank
- US China Business Council
- Board Members
- Corporate Partners
Candidates can apply online before March 1, 2019. Successful applicants will be notified by March 11, 2019.